JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please fix the "downloading messages" issue

(Topic created: 11-07-2022 07:14 AM)
NewUser01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey samsung. I love samsung message app. But the one thing I hate is that sometime I have to download the messages my people sent me before I can see what they text me. Sometimes, it took me like 4 or 5 tried and still fail to download their text. I then have to call them just to know what they text me, it could be something important and I might miss it due to samsung messages app fail to download the text. I have the attachments of what I'm having to deal with daily after switch over to samsung messages app 😵. Fix this please!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NewUser01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I went to T-mobile. The guy reset the APN and he said it can be from the sim problem. So I go ahead and switch to new sim. Works fine for now 🙂

View solution in context

14 Replies
LpostL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I didn't know I had one of these pictures or maybe I forgot I'll have to look back because I am having some problems
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
This is not an app issue. It is typically an issue with the APN setting on your phone. Reach out to your carrier to confirm/ correct the APN setting on your phone.
NewUser01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have T-mobile carrier. What if they have no idea what cause this either?
0 Likes
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
call t mobile tech support on a different phone than the handset that you are having errors.
you can reset your apn yourself if it is correctly provisioned.
>connections
>mobile networks
>access point names
it should say something like "T-mobile us lte"
>3 dot menu on top right, hit reset.
NewUser01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I guess I can just follow these steps, no need to call T-mobile support. 🙂
0 Likes
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
wellllllllllllll if it doesn't improve or if you aren't provisioned, you should call!
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You can try them. I have Metro Mobile which is an MVMO owned by T-Mobile. And I've never had an issue.

Before them I had a fairly unknown carrier which was good and issues there either, but Metro bested their price by a little and under the T-mobile network I knew couldn't provide consistent coverage speeds

I had your very problem with Mint Mobile and they tried a few times, the last over 45 minutes then hung up on me. I was stuck with them because they sell their plans in buckets in which mine was prepaid for 3 months. I'll never do a plan like that again.

But anyway, call T-Mobile and they may have to help you set up a a specific APN. Also try having date and wifi on when texting. You didn't specify if your issue happen with everyone you text or just one.
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Try Google messages and see if you get these same problems.
NewUser01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Google message work fine. But I like samsung messages more because they have more features.