JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please fix the "downloading messages" issue

(Topic created: 11-09-2022 11:40 AM)
NewUser01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey samsung. I love samsung message app. But the one thing I hate is that sometime I have to download the messages my people sent me before I can see what they text me. Sometimes, it took me like 4 or 5 tried and still fail to download their text. I then have to call them just to know what they text me, it could be something important and I might miss it due to samsung messages app fail to download the text. I have the attachments of what I'm having to deal with daily after switch over to samsung messages app 😵. Fix this please!

14 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Actually Google messages has more features. But since you say it works under Google, which uses the RCS format, this may be a Samsung messages issue. In case you didn't know, Samsung doesn't use their own app by default, they use Google. Samsung switched from the SMS system 6 the RCS format & is still trying to go fully into it.

It's up to you what your tolerance level for brand name over functionality is.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
it would be better to say Google and Samsung have different features and focus. I can't use Google the same way I use Samsung Messages. for me, Samsung is far superior.
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That's subjective. The OP stated Samsung having more features. That is objectively untrue as I noted. If one likes a certain app's functionality, that is preference only.

My point the OP otherwise is that they stated using Google messages works for them whereas Samsung messages doesnt.
0 Likes
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
op, any change?
0 Likes
Solution
NewUser01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I went to T-mobile. The guy reset the APN and he said it can be from the sim problem. So I go ahead and switch to new sim. Works fine for now 🙂