Original topic:

RCS suddenly stops working

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
RCS has always worked for other samsung users on my phone. When apple updated RCS Messaging it worked for 3 days. Now only SMS/MMS works for Androidand IOS. I use the Google messages but tried samsung mesages too. I tried turning on RCS but it says not available for this carrier but I have Verizon. I've been on the phone with Google, Samsung, and Verizon for 3 hours. Any one else experiencing this since 9/21/24?
28 Replies
BlackOps
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
This is the fix1727072249016.jpg
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't think the RCs is fully out on an iPhone yet I think it's still in the beta or it might just be in the early stages of being out it's right now still very early for us but it might be a carrier issue try texting someone who you know has an Android and see if it's still the same issue and then check to see maybe if they carrier issue we can't blame an iPhone just yet because it's still in the early phases of being adopted by them
0 Likes
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
unfortunately it's not working with samsung either. I don't even have reactions anymore.
0 Likes
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Update: now my phone doesn't have reactions to texts, I'm not getting messages from a lot of people, I can't send gifs, and it is kicking me out of group texts. I've tried all the things šŸ˜ž
0 Likes
Mpizz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Just recently have the exact same issue, especially saying that is not available on my phone  (even though Verizon does allow RCS). Had a software update this morning which could be the cause but doubt it. I am going to assume this is a Verizon carrier issue. I have a friend who is not on Verizon not having this issue.

0 Likes
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I fixed mine!!! Not a fun process but I backed up all data and did a factory reset.
0 Likes
gsouth
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I had this same issue. I resolved it by going into the settings and turning off the SIM. Restarted the phone and turned the SIM back on. Immediately got flooded with a week's worth of RCS chats.

0 Likes
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I tried that but no luck for me. I had to do a full factory reset.
0 Likes
IrishPatNJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue. Turned off eSIM, restarted phone, and turned eSIM back on. All good now. Thanks,

0 Likes