JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery/files apps crashing

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
D_Hall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Gallery app keeps crashing when I try to open it. The same is happening to my files app. If I try to access the gallery through settings or the app store, that app then starts to crash as well. clearing caches and restarting the device does not solve the issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
D_Hall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

UPDATE ISSUE FIXED: I searched for [.heic] in my phone and it turns out I had heic files that caused my phone to crash. However I was unable to locate them and delete them without the phone crashing. I plugged my phone into my laptop to find the heic files/photos and deleted them from my laptop. My laptop notified me that these files will be deleted from the phone permanently as well and it worked. I can open my gallery and any previously crashing app. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
It sounds like a permission issue, check the permissions for the gallery and files app.
ellehcar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Which permissions should it have?
0 Likes
ellehcar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same issue
0 Likes
user3zr8gFGEil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to your files and go to photos, messaging and delete the heic file.and empty trash. It was from an iPhone. Once I downloaded it my gallery crashed. Found it, deleted it and restarted and the gallery is good.
katk0816
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
All my heic files are from my 24+ tho 😭
0 Likes
user3zr8gFGEil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
That is weird.
0 Likes
katk0816
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yah, so now I'm stuck on what to do. Clearing data/cache, restarting the phone , still doesn't work LOL 😮💨
0 Likes
Mathew
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Its fixed now
0 Likes
Solution
D_Hall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

UPDATE ISSUE FIXED: I searched for [.heic] in my phone and it turns out I had heic files that caused my phone to crash. However I was unable to locate them and delete them without the phone crashing. I plugged my phone into my laptop to find the heic files/photos and deleted them from my laptop. My laptop notified me that these files will be deleted from the phone permanently as well and it worked. I can open my gallery and any previously crashing app. 

0 Likes