JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 - No Notifications

(Topic created: 01-08-2023 02:56 PM)
userhXxQoZoFvV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I recently purchased a s22. Installed several updates and appear to be all caught up. I am not receiving notifications about text messages. I've changed notification settings, reset SIM, toggled airplane mode, tried other messaging apps etc. and nothing has made a difference. Receiving notifications from other apps without issue. Any help is appreciated. 

Samsung Care seemed to solve the problem this morning so wanted to share for others having issues: 

Reset All App Preferences 
Reset Network Settings

Let's Reset All App Preferences.

Note: This option resets app preferences for the following and app data isn't affected:

Disabled apps, Notification restrictions for apps, Default apps, Background data restrictions for apps, Permission restrictions

Here are the steps : Go to Settings >> Apps >> Tap on three dots on the top right >> Reset app preferences >> Reset.

Let's Reset All App Preferences. Note: This option resets app preferences for the following and app data isn't affected: Disabled apps, Notification restrictions for apps, Default apps, Background data restrictions for apps, Permission restrictions Here are the steps : Go to Settings >> Apps >> Tap on three dots on the top right >> Reset app preferences >> Reset. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userhXxQoZoFvV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I chatted with Samsung Care this morning and one of these has resolved the issue for now:

Note: This option resets app preferences for the following and app data isn't affected:

Disabled apps, Notification restrictions for apps, Default apps, Background data restrictions for apps, Permission restrictions

Here are the steps : Go to Settings >> Apps >> Tap on three dots on the top right >> Reset app preferences >> Reset.

Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings (Please note that this will reset Wi-Fi, Cellular data, and Bluetooth settings which means you will have to input your Wi-Fi credentials again.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there @userhXxQoZoFvV, I hope you are doing well.

Which messaging app are you using, Samsung Messages or Android Messages? Either way, you can find notification settings for either app by going to: Settings>Apps>Messages>Notifications>

If "Allow notifications" is disabled, enable it here. Next, select Notification categories. Here, you can enable notifications by category. I'd suggest turning them all on and only turn off options you do not want.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userhXxQoZoFvV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I've adjusted the notifications a million different times. It's not that 😔 It appears that I am not receiving notifications for a few other apps as well.
taran1900
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I literally have tried everything to get notifications sound working again on my S22 Ultra. I have factory reset the phone three times, one of which was a hard factory reset. The result is still no audible alerts for text message as well as other apps such as ring. Unless I connect via my blue tooth headset. I can hear the alerts on the headset. The trouble seems to have started with Android 13 and UI 5.0. I even contacted Samsung support for help on this issue and they gave up. I am getting a full refund from my phone but plan to go back to another S22 Ultra... Maybe. Will the new one have the same problem? My wife got so frustrated (frequent freezes and sudden reboots) with her S22 Ultra that she got a refund for it and switched to an iPhone 14 pro. What the heck is going on Samsung??

userhXxQoZoFvV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for responding! I figured I was not the only one. Are you receiving any type of notification when you receive a text? Pop up, number at the bottom etc.? I am not although oddly enough I did receive a few last night but then it stopped again. I use the phone for work as well and it's very frustrating having to constantly check for new messages.
0 Likes
SoxFan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have had the same aggravating issues with my new Galaxy S22 Ultra. The first few days it worked with playing notifications for calendar events, texts, etc. Now, nothing. I’ve been on the phone several times with Samsung and a reset seems to have worked — for one day. I am positive this is a software issue and not a hardware issue with my phone because midway through 2022 I had an update to my S10+ and it started having the same problem. Come on Samsung, I really, REALLY don’t want to buy an iPhone, but …

Solution
userhXxQoZoFvV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I chatted with Samsung Care this morning and one of these has resolved the issue for now:

Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings (Please note that this will reset Wi-Fi, Cellular data, and Bluetooth settings which means you will have to input your Wi-Fi credentials again.

SoxFan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for responding to my message. I just tried your steps, but it didn’t change anything. No notification sounds for text messages or calendar events. So sad about this. I’ve always loved my Samsung phones, but this has me so upset. What a waste of my time and money. Come on Samsung, get this fixed! It’s been months since my phone (old one and new one) have worked properly.

SoxFan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

No, wait. I restarted my phone after going through your steps again AND IT WORKED!! It’s a new day! Woohoo! Thank you so much! The big test is whether or not it works tomorrow. My phone call with Samsung last week got it up and running, but the next day it was back to squat. Thank you so much. Fingers crossed it’s back on track.

0 Likes