JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra - False moisture/debris alert issues?

(Topic created: 03-01-2022 06:51 AM)
esmith13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,

Looking for help with the moisture/debris notification on the S22 Ultra. I have had the phone less than a week, moving from a S10+. As part of that move I also carried over from my S10+ a magnetic USB-C charge adapter which is QC4.0 rated (9v 2a/5v 3a) that I only use in the car for convenience with android auto (could care less if it charges the phone or not). I always charge my phone via an Anker wireless charger.

The magnetic adapter was never removed from S10+ since the day it was new until I moved it to the S22 Ultra. about 2 days later I got my first debris/moisture warning in the middle of a work day while my phone had been untouched sitting on my work desk for over an hour prior to the message. My office is environmentally controlled at 72 degrees with 30% humidity. Considering the situation, I assumed maybe the magnetic adapter itself was dirty/old. No matter - I have a couple brand new heads for it. I popped one of those in and all was well. Three days later - I get another warning while my phone is sitting on the table in my living room - having been untouched for a while. My home is also environmentally controlled at 70 degrees with low humidity.

Just to be clear - the cable was not connected to the magnetic tip during these messages (it's only used when driving). The exposed end of the magnetic tip has no debris in/on it (it's flush and smooth so highly unlikely anyway).

Is the magnet causing an issue? Are these kinds of adapters "not allowed" for some reason now?

Also for reference, this isn't a cheap, no-name product either. The cable & magnetic adapter I use is by ChargeASAP and the variety is the UNO which is QC4.0 rated. They also make a 100W version with PD support, but like I said I use it exclusively for Android Auto in my car (with the tip living onside my phone 24/7).

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

34 Replies
userACfmnURYaa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I also began receiving false moisture readings on my Note 10 Plus. It has been nowhere near water or moisture so I believe this is a false reading I have tried everything to get rid of this reading but have had no luck. I went to the Sprint store yesterday and they told me that they had several other phones in ranging from note 10 pluses to s22 plus that are starting to have the same issue. I believe it is a software issue. Do you know or does anyone have any information concerning an update to solve this problem? I've had to go to magnetic charging for my phone because it won't accept a regular charger in the USB-C port. This all happened out of the blue and is very annoying because it has kept me from charging my phone the regular way. Does anyone have any further comment?
Members_eZIyUnI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I am also having this problem with my new S22 Ultra. I use the same cables and tips that I've used for years (NetDot Gen12 in my case) with my Note 10+, and have also tried with new, never before used tips. The moisture sensor is always tripped again some time later for no apparent reason. No moisture has ever been anywhere near the phone, and only typical office or home low levels of dust.

The amount of time between events does vary quite a bit, from a few hours to a few days. If it was more consistent then I would think that it would be more likely to be a hardware issue. I really hope this is something that is correctable.

Members_ub0EXer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same exact problem. But I may have found a solution. I made a thread on xda forum Here.

OP, can you provide a link to your QC 4.0 magnetic cable? Mine are only rated for QC 3.0. 

0 Likes
Robert_Enger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I own an S22 Ultra 1TB.  I have had TWO occurrences of the Moisture/Debris alarm. 

The phone is sealed inside a BATTERY CASE.  Only the internal USB plug touches the S22u.  No debris or water can reach the USB connector on the phone. 

The battery case has a separate external connector that is used to charge the case (and the phone).   In the two incidences on which alarms occurred, NO EXTERNAL cables were plugged into the case.  No obvious environmental conditions would contribute to the situation (e.g. I was not sitting in a steam room).  In fact, I was sitting in my own dining room eating dinner the most recent time that the Moisture-Drop symbol appeared on the phone.  

It would be nice if the Engineering Department would post and tell us what parameters they are measuring as input to the decision making process of triggering the Moisture/Debris Alarm.  Without this knowledge, we are flying blind, grasping at straws.  (And we run the risk of being manipulated by social media influencers and marketing sock-puppet accounts that are trying to boost sales by asserting that their cable or product does not trigger the Moisture/Debris alarm.  Such claims are speculative, without definitive knowledge of what technical parameter triggers the alarm.)  We could really use some guidance from the S22u manufacturer!

Options
Galaxy S22
Add another S22 1TB to the list of those receiving this moisture warning for absolutely no reason! This has to be some sort of software issue as so many other Samsung users are having thus problem. Be sure to actually send a report to Samsung so they can look into this. There are workarounds to get your phone to charge that are detailed doing a web search. But, they are only temporary fixes. At least we are all in this together.
userDX5EOz3ccg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

My phone is an S22 plus, 256 gb.  The S21 never produced the warning.  It only happens in the car, never in the house.  I cleared it today by turning the air conditioning in the car to max cool and holding the phone's USB connector on a vent.  It cleared in seconds.  I wonder if it hapoens when it tries to launch Android Auto.  

0 Likes
userDX5EOz3ccg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I wonder if this may have something to do with "fast" versus "normal" charging.  I never get the error on the transformers with "adaptive fast charging."  I only get the error in my car which only supports ordinary charging.  Incidentally,  if I leave the phone plugged in but reboot the error clears.  Also, if for some reason Android Auto doesn't start it works best if I unplug the phone from the car's USB port and NOT unplugging the cord from the phone.  

0 Likes
Techaman
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Who else is having an issue with the s22 ultra continuously going into moisture in the charging port alarm it's making me so mad there is nothing in the port no dirt or moisture yet can't play music or charge, in the car or on job site. This is why you keep 3.5 jack Samsung 
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Try opening the settings for your applications and make sure that you have all system applications enabled then scroll down to the USB Settings app and then clear the cache to see if that helps, also if that doesn't work remove the sim card Tray and check for any moisture, a hairdryer on low heat will make sure that no water, etc
0 Likes