Original topic:

S22 Ultra will not stay connected to wifi.

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userNqSsqpBdW7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone stopped connecting to my wifi. It was showing slow and now it says no internet. Every other device in the house connects without a problem. I've tried reseting my phone and router, reseting wifi network settings, airplane mode on/off, forget network, restart in safe mode to check for app interference. Nothing worked, a few times it connected but only for a few minutes. 
8 Replies
NeoBlack39
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have had similar issues. It always had issues connecting and then when it did, it was slow loading pages. I found out the issue may be "Private DNS" function might be on. Go to settings>connections>more connections>Private DNS and set it to "automatic"

That cleared up the issue on my end. Think it got activated with one of the 6.0 monthly update. It's useful when your on wifi that is not secure in public but if your on your home wifi you don't need it activated.
userNqSsqpBdW7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks, but unfortunately, it didn't work.
0 Likes
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
if you have that private dns **bleep** on...turn it off
0 Likes
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
also try changing your wifi settings from DHCP to Static... here is my setup and it works flawlessly 1712110869431.jpg
0 Likes
userNqSsqpBdW7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks, I tried both, but it's still showing no internet available.
userNqSsqpBdW7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Although this seems to be a problem for many people since the last update, the text support has informed me that they can offer no further assistance other than assisting me with purchasing a newer model phone. I haven't even had this phone that long and still have payments left on it.

Talk about a scam. The company forces an update that causes problems to force you into buying a new phone from them.
TT200
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue here and same result. Except I have a protection plan on my phone, and although there is nothing physically wrong with my phone, I can pay the $199 deductible to get a refurbished phone. Or get a new phone.

0 Likes
gladdy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Has anyone at Samsung taken responsibility yet? This is total bs. Fix your **bleep** update.
0 Likes