JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra5G ringing without call or notification, can't find why

(Topic created: 11-27-2023 07:17 AM)
SimpleMachine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Recently my S22Ultra5G started ringing as though I were receiving a call. Except that there is no incoming call.
Once it happens, I've cleared all notifications to see if the trigger notification reappears, but that doesn't help. Notification tray is empty but phone ring tone continues to sound.
Norton anti-virus has been installed on my phone for a long time and I have scanned my phone multiple times, no issues found. Also, built-in Samsung device protection scan does not find any threats on a complete scan.
Calendar notifications also isn't showing anything when this is happening. All stated troubleshooting steps mentioned here apply to both regular and secure folders.
How can I find the root cause for this behavior??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SimpleMachine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Nice Catch as suggested above did not help. One UI version 6.0 update dropped during same period and after I installed it, the bug disappeared.

View solution in context

8 Replies
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Good Lock includes a module called Nice Catch that should help identify which app is causing the notification. I'd suggest downloading this from the Galaxy Store to try.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
This was going to be my suggestion as well.
SimpleMachine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks guys, I've set that up and will monitor for the next occurrence. Bless up.
Mrs Majesty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi did it happen again? Because mine does the exact same thing.. Ringing as if getting a call but the screeb doesn't even light up as if I got a notification and its driving me crazy! 

Mrs Majesty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Screen*

0 Likes
Solution
SimpleMachine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Nice Catch as suggested above did not help. One UI version 6.0 update dropped during same period and after I installed it, the bug disappeared.
simonfen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, I'm at 5.1 presently. How do I get UI 6?

0 Likes
SimpleMachine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Not sure. Mine appeared as a notification. You can try Settings > Software update > Download and install.. you might be lucky to get it. Else you'll have to wait till it's pushed to your carrier/phone
0 Likes