JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 face recognition issues

(Topic created: 04-16-2022 06:27 AM)
userEhVMPcxMMZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The face unlock on my S22 stops working occasionally, in fact you cannot see the white light circling the camera lens which is an indication it is scanning. It seems to happen if I haven’t used the phone for a while. If instead I use my 4 pin code to unlock and then double tap to switch off the screen, I find that the face unlock starts working and you can even see the circling white light going around the lens. Its as if I need to use my pin to wake up the face unlock function. Does anyone know how to fix this.

7 Replies
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
It's not a bug. Entering pw or pin is required once every 24 hrs interval I think. It will say it on the locksreen.
Solution
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
once every 24 hrs or also after 4 hrs of not using phone
the problem with face unlock not being as secure, I think fingerprint is only once every 72 or after restart.5205dd47ff667a9a3f88890bfea07700_17619_1650107819.jpg
userEhVMPcxMMZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Wow, that explains it all. Thank you

userxrPBzjHyQm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The Face ID and fingerprint ID are very sketchy on my 22S+. The ambient light must be bright for Face ID to work at all. Then it works about 50% of the time. It is not a 'once every 24 hour thing'. Every other time I open I have to use my pin. When it stops working, I must reboot the phone. The fingerprint ID is similarly flawed. I have to try several times and then often enter my pin. I work in healthcare and must wear a mask. The fingerprint ID is a critical need...more so than Face ID. I really regret purchasing this phone because this feature is essentially useless. I should have waited for the Pixel 7 to come out.

krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a s21 ultra and the face unlocked sometimes doesn't work. Not often but sometimes. Nothing I can do if it acts up I just use fingerprint
userEhVMPcxMMZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I had similar issues with my S22, I don’t know if this helps. I did some face recognition testing recently with my S22 phone using different angles and distances. I discovered that if I tilted the phone so that I could see my reflection on the screen (only from the neck down) it worked fine every time. Whereas if I tilted the phone further so I could see my face reflecting on the screen it was very unreliable, rarely unlocking the screen. 

krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank u I'll give that a try
0 Likes