Original topic:

S22 freezing and rebooting for no reason

(Topic created: yesterday)
userZJjhQVKf8R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yesterday, my phone started freezing and restarting on it's own. It has restarted at least 10 times today. Already cleared the cache partition. At a loss of what else to do...
0 Likes
18 Replies
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Worse case scenario, BACK-UP everything using Google or Samsung's cloud

Then do an actual FACTORY RESET

If you still have an issue it might be a problem with some app you installed. Had this with my S10+ years ago. I had to reset then slowly add the apps and everything else without using a cloud restore. Believe it or not they actually told me all this as a sure fire way because if you tweak settings beyond what a normal person would, This is the route they used.
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Soft reset
0 Likes
userZJjhQVKf8R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I turned off my wifi this morning, and since I did that, it hasn't froze and restarted. Waiting to see how long that lasts before I do a factory reset.
0 Likes
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
When I had my issue it was related to WiFi as well. Support basically made me delete all my saved settings and configuration in settings and I was good for awhile. But ultimately it took a full on factory reset for me to avoid future issues. Since then my S21U and S23U haven't had issues.

Aside from the beta testing on my S23U. I have one odd thing. Which is my pin number auto enters after I input it. Normally before it required you to hit ENTER before it would login to the phone. Not a big deal but I assume it's only because I tried helping with beta testing
ccothren8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I've done a factory reset twice because Samsung made me and guess what? Not fixed still
userZJjhQVKf8R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
That's what I was afraid of, so I haven't done it yet. I turned off my wifi this morning, and so far it hasn't restarted
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
What market are you? Who is your cellular provider? Because I'm from North America and I'm using T-Mobile. My S10+ was from ATT and then I switched to T-Mobile. My S21U was bought through T-Mobile and my current S23U was bought from Samsung.
0 Likes
userZJjhQVKf8R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm in the US, on T-mobile. Have always bought my phones from them
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Well best I can say is backup using google or samsung or you can backup using a OTG device with a USB drive. A bit quicker than uploading and downloading stuff from the internet.

I feel your pain. I do not wish your pain for anyone else. It definitely sucks. My best experience has been to factory. But like I said, I backed up everything. Including 2FA apps, passwords etc. It's all the small things you forget about lol