JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 04-03-2022 09:05 AM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

203 Replies
Demwin11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have tried everything u can think of to fix this problem even had IT department get involved. I was told to reach to android audio which I did. Please don't waste 3 days trying to fix it like I did.
0 Likes
userwFsZSQbbZ9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue, S22 ultra/Pioneer head unit. If you find a fix, please share. 

0 Likes
DavisDad04
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here with my Note 10+ 5g
0 Likes
Hooman-S
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, I have the same issue with my car.
I have just bought S22 Ultra note with 512GB memory and I'm trying to connect it to my Hyundai Santa Fe car audio system using bluetooth but S22 can not find the car audio system. This is while my old S8 note finds the car audio system in a second and connects to it very easily. Kindly advise.

0 Likes
Bgm32391
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Since the last update my S22 drops Bluetooth connection with my car when I try to connect to my 2013 mazda 3 to stream audio. The phone connection however still works fine. 
Bella1101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
same with my 22....i have to unpair a few times but still dont work, i dont have that problem before
0 Likes
userQXXuB0da2h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here
0 Likes
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
If you have a Samsung watch, put it into airplane mode. Hopefully this is fixed soon. Plenty of annoying issues with this update.
0 Likes
userI4FjHxmQF8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My note 10 worked great. Updated to the S22 and now it drops the connection to my car while I'm in calls. It still shows connected but says call ended. It use to also hang up when I tried to enable speaker right after that. Samsung wanted me to send my phone in and have no phone while it was being evaluated but then Verizon said they would swap it with a like new phone. Exact same issues on the replacement.

I have tried every recommended troubleshooting step from Samsung and Verizon. I also work in tech for my job so I am not a novice. I've found quite a few other people with the same issue I have a 2016 toyota highlander and the software is up to date on the entertainment system. Others have different manufacturers cars with he same issue. One person said Verizon has given them 3 different phones with the same issue. Music playback seems fine but calls dropping while your driving is a dangerous issue since you have to handle your phone.

The phone also won't play music after the issue unless you turn off the Bluetooth and try to reconnect, even though it's says it's still connected. The phone controls on the car stop controlling the phone also.

0 Likes
Jass1989
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Check to see if there is an update to your cars bluetooth
0 Likes