JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:02 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
203 Replies
TheRevenite
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
So, it looks like mine getting a clear image was a fluke as it's now back to low resolution 1990s VHS quality. I even went into Android Auto developer settings and set it to 1080p and still garbo. Looking through the Members Community, I guess we're lucky it connects at all as tons can't get any connection. I'm sure it's a communication issue and will be fixed. I think Samsung may have rushed and cut corners on a couple of things. Using a cable, the audio is horrible too, though blue tooth is clearer, but not without some distortion. Looks like my work iPhone will be providing music for a bit until this is resolved.
userosGZ6fafYC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi. I have the same problem with a S22. Using a S10e work perfectly. I tried changing resolution in android Auto preference (advanced, programmer) but nothing changed. Also tried uninstall android Auto, change USB cables and a lots of things. Nothing. Please Samsung realease a patch soon.

userbUmTjIF3se
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Received my s22 plus last week links up to my Ford ranger no problem but after a,few minutes it disconnects.  Very frustrating maps just cuts out. Is there any way to fix this. My s8 active work great with Ford ranger 

0 Likes
userLGGXhftWJB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Demwin11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I am having problems with my s22 ultra.  Is android audio is not working on my  Pioneer unit. I can only heat sounds and no picture. I had no problem with my s10. I am thinking about returning this phone and getting something else.  1200 dollars for it not to work as good as a 3 year old phone. 
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Ya I agree it should just work. These phones cost so much money and they should work as expected for sure
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Android Auto probably needs an update to be compatible. Since the s22 devices ship with Android 12/ UI 4 or 4.1. Or maybe your Pioneer unit needs an update.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

^ maybe...

to the OP:

reproduce the issue and submit error report to samsung members app > get help > error report

0 Likes
arieldavid86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same problem. It shows connected, and supposedly android auto working, but the screen in my aftermarket pioneer is blackout. I thought I was the only one. If you make it to work, please let me know.
0 Likes
useredCZKf0ut4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX and I am experiencing the same black screen issue. I've tried multiple cables and uninstalled/reinstalled the AA app multiple times with no success. Multiple other phones, including a Pixel 6 Pro and Note 20 Ultra, have worked with no issues using some of the same cables. My head unit is also on the latest firmware that Pioneer has provided which is 8.12 (released November 2019). 

0 Likes