JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:02 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
203 Replies
Schnoobins
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I will give it another go tomorrow morning. 

However it still stands that the issue did not exist before the latest firmware update.

I will report back tomorrow and update here if your trick did the job. 

Thanks again.

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Give it a try and see how it works. I did read your comment about not having the issue before the firmware update. So I guess we get what we wish for...updates

0 Likes
Schnoobins
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi again @Charkatak,

Sorry for the delay in answer, I did exactly as you said but... it did not work out as I had hoped.

I ended up giving in and making a routine if connected to car disconnect from watch. However I installed a new firmware update today. I tested immediately and I can tell you that all is working as it should again.

I am even more confident now that the previous update broke something bluetooth related.

Thanks for you ongoing support, it feels good that someone tries to help. Kudos to you.

0 Likes
Forol
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Is anyone have issues with blinking Bluetooth and alarm icons while you connected to a car Bluetooth? 
kinky90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Her
0 Likes
Gautam9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes... I have the same issue
userExflTY5iBE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I cannot post an image of my issue but I think my issue is similar to a lot of others who have the s22-line. I did not have any connectivity issues with my s21 Plus. When I am connected to my car's audio I cannot play music using Bluetooth from my phone. I can answer phone calls. I do not use Android auto. No music app works like YouTube music or Pandora. I have cleared the cache and data from the app settings in my device, though this shouldn't even be a factor because this is a brand new device. Yes, Samsung gave an update for the game optimizer, but that is not solving the overheating issues, nor the consistent lag between apps, or the consistent lag with the camera or Snapchat. Was this phone a mistake?

0 Likes
mdavidf
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a Ford Fusion and connecting the phone and Bluetooth are two different process. You'll need to pair it with your car's Bluetooth just like you do with Bluetooth headphones, tvs, etc. Once you pair it then it should be fine. Check your car's user manual or research online.
0 Likes
userExflTY5iBE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I deleted all devices on my Jeep. Went through the pairing phase. Successfully paired. But playing music is now impossible with my S22U, which was noticed after the game opt update.

0 Likes
Loki915g
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having this same Bluetooth issue after the update I got his morning, if I try and play music through my vehicle it with cut the audio in and out. Not sure what to do.
0 Likes