Original topic:

S22 ultra No network connection after Aug 2024 update

(Topic created: 09-09-2024 07:25 PM)
userVzRqRZ5qi1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I can only connect to a network for phone calls when on WiFi. This has been going on for days and I gave been on tech support with Mint Mobile for several days. SIM works fine in old S10, that doesn't hold a charge. I even changed to eSIM. 
How do I go back to OS before update. I really don't want to set phone back to OEM.

userVzRqRZ5qi1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks I'll look at it. I've been on Reddit for the last few days trying to fix it
0 Likes
billylikessoda
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
0 Likes
adaigle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
You're lucky then that it only started with August update. I lost network connection with the last update in June and every update since then has not fixed the problem.
My sim works fine in a iphone and no network issues.
The is issue is their update locked the settings down to only a 5G network, so it won't connect to any towers that aren't 5g. Dang phone will show I have full bars, but 0 service šŸ„“

My suggestion is to keep sending them error logs through the members app.
userVzRqRZ5qi1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks
0 Likes
userVzRqRZ5qi1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Where do I send error updates?
0 Likes
userVzRqRZ5qi1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Phone has decided to work now, totally out of the blue.
usermS4bZfPZxQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Having the same issue since 9/7 works fine on Wi-Fi but no data while roaming at all. Tried new sim and lots of other things to no avail. Spectrum rep said this has affected a lot of people. Last update he had was that Samsung was working on a new update to fix it.
0 Likes
Kalvorax
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

well hopefully they get this update out....thank god i have a non samsung phone as a backup for work, but it should not be necessary.

0 Likes
RoloandKitKat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I made a post similar to this months back, unfortunately Samsung has been less than helpful considering this has been mentioned quite a few times here on this forum.

My update is, I resolved the issue by getting the Pixel Pro 9 XL. It is a relief now to be able to make phone calls again or use data when I am away from wifi etc... I don't know when or if I will come back to Samsung again after this experience.