JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 ultra assign screenshot shortcut

(Topic created: 12-03-2022 11:13 PM)
muhahaha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How can I assign "Volume Down + Power button" to take screenshot instead of trying to shutdown the phone in S22 ultra? Or any other physical key combinations to take screenshot.

While I can take screenshot with the gesture, it's frustrating at times. It's the least intuitive way to take screenshots without considering the touchscreen and controls on the UI.
7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
If your on Android 13/UI 5 the Good Lock app has a new module named RegiStar that let's you assign an action for the side key press and hold.
Solution
muhahaha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks, tried that, but the screenshot that is taken with that method does not support scrolling screenshots, nor editing the screenshots directly. Only shows share option directly.

What I ended up doing was install the One Hand Operation+ app, then assign a shortcut for taking screenshot. It's similar to the app drawer. I reduced the width even lower than the default setting so that it doesn't interfere with normal operations.

Screenshot_20221204_033650_One Hand Operation +.jpg
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
in Good Lock, download Navistar and customize your nav buttons, including a screen shot shortcut. I use this all the time.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time are to take screenshots by default
0 Likes
muhahaha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Except it isn't in S22 ultra (atleast not with One UI 5 and Android 13 that I have). The default Volume Down + Power button is mapped to Power off by default (see screenshot)

I have also tried Vol Up + Power as well as Vol Up + Vol Down + Power combo to see if any of them work for screenshot, but none of them didScreenshot_20221204_133448_Settings.jpg
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an Unlocked S22 Ultra also press both volume down and power button at the same time and quickly release DON'T PRESS AND HOLD
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
There is a new update for RegiStar in the Good Lock App you can now set to long press the side key to take a screenshot
0 Likes