Original topic:

S22 ultra blacked out after 6.1 oneUI

(Topic created: Saturday)
Members_e45ztTH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I tried updating my phone yesterday night (June 28th, 2024. ~9:30 PM) and I fell asleep. This morning it claimed the update was finished but it still shows the option to update to 6.1 oneUI.

At about 4:30 PM today (June 29th, 2024) I turned on my phone and the screen dimmed to black in a second. Of course, it didn't turn on when pressing the power button. I tried to turn it on using the volume down + power buttons, the logo would eventually show up but the moment the screen came on, it immediately shut off to black again. I resetted my phone this way about 8 times, tried smacking the phone/screen...

Finally at 5:10 PM it magically turned on when I pressed the power key after leaving it alone for around 10 minutes. My friends were witness to this as they tried to help me turn it on. I guess it's okay now?

1000062285.png

ā€ƒ

1000062286.png

ā€ƒ

1000062287.png

7 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Just FYI for future reference, when you force recovery mode and release the buttons when the Samsung logo appears, the screen will go blank. It can take up to 30 seconds for recovery mode to open.
Members_e45ztTH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I'll keep this in mind for next time, maybe it wouldnt have taken as many attempts if I was a little more patient with it. Thank you

0 Likes
dental
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a brand new s24 ultra. I can not get the bluetooth to respond,, I have watched 6 you tube videos, spoke with a multitude of spectrum and Samsung tech supporters. No help! Anybody have any ideas?
0 Likes
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you looked into using USSD code *#9900* ? You can make force uploading isn't an option as well as your devices debugging level.
0 Likes
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Is it normal to get those type of confirmation screens after an update? If so something is wrong with my phone.
0 Likes
JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Download, then install, Normal
0 Likes
Members_e45ztTH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I already did, hence the "Last Successful Update" screen, yet it still shows the option to update to OneUI 6.1 (even though it's already in OneUI 6.1) Not so normal imp, but I'll just wait until the next update.

0 Likes