JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 wont add work Profile

(Topic created: 12-12-2022 01:41 AM)
ColdKoala
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

So, I've got a group of users who we put Intune onto as Personally Owned with Work Profile.  This currently works on more than 500 phones.  I have a few users who all have S22s and refuse to create a Work Profile.  I checked under Accounts.  No work profile setting is present.  Used Test DPC.  That fails also.  Intune is enabled as "Device Management".  Still no work profile.  Hard Drive has more than 20GB free, so it's not a space problem.  Has anyone run up against this?

18 Replies
itkuhn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Update / Workaround from Reddit:

Remove the / all Google accounts-> add Work Profile -> add Google accounts. No account needs to be saved during the rollout of the work profile any more after this is done one time.. at least in my test right now

same issue here with the S22 and S22 plus.

what i did until now: Factory reset -> Add Google Account -> Install Test DPC (also not possilbe with Intune and Citrix XenMobile)-> no work profile coud be installed (Message cant set up device).

I also tested it on an S22 with Android 12  -> no problems with adding a work profile  -> Update to Android 13 -> work profile is still working -> remove workprofile -> try to add the work profile failed always with the same message (Message cant set up device).

At the beginning of the week it was still possible to store a work profile with Android 13 on an S22. Since 8th December it is not longer possilbe.

VKD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi,

i have just bought s22(EU model) , updated to Android 13 and latest security patch.

Both enrollment on company portal and test DPC(per my ITs advice) fails with same message/Screenshot_20221212_093054_Work Setup.jpg

0 Likes
Max - Capa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello

We are having exact same issue here, we currently have around 50 Samsung S22 - Android 13 which we need to get work profiles on.

Are we expecting a fix soon?

0 Likes
Solution
itkuhn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This workaround should work for you:

Remove the / all Google accounts-> add Work Profile -> add Google accounts. No account needs to be removed during the rollout of the work profile any more after this is done one time.. at least in my test right now

kmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I am being impacted by this as well. I go through the steps from my intune company portal. When it starts downloading my work profile, the app blinks 3 times when it's downloading and says contact your admin. My admin has not been able to find a cause.
0 Likes
kmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The fix in the replies above worked! I removed my Google account, ran the Company Portal to add my profile (it worked), and went back to add my Google account again.
0 Likes
Max - Capa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

This seems more like a "more work around" 😞

Hopefully samsung fixes this issue

Eye Poker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

How do you get the download when you are signed out of the account?

0 Likes
kmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
You go to settings > accounts > manage accounts and remove your Google account. The phone will still work. Then you add the work profile through the intune company portal. Once it's loaded, you go back to settings and add Google account back.
0 Likes