Original topic:

Samsung Calendar Multiple Holiday Calendars

(Topic created: 12-12-2023 07:16 AM)
OGudy71
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have multiple accounts with calendars and my outlook.com account keeps adding US Holiday Calendars, but there is only one US Holdiay Calendar in that account.
The only way I can clear those extra Calendars is to delete the account and re-add it. But after a few weeks it starts adding additional US Holiday Calendars again. I'm up to 4 now.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I really like the simplicity of the built in Calendar app and haven't found another Calendar that I like or I would just use another app.

Thanks 
11 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@OGudy71 I'm wondering if this is an issue with Outlook. I use the Samsung Calendar with multiple Google accounts, have Holidays enabled only on one, and never see multiple items added. 

0 Likes
OGudy71
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It may be, I also have an Off365 Exchange with Calendar and it only seems to be effecting Outlook.com account.
0 Likes
BigDoggie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the exact same situation! I have 365 and it's super annoying for making events. I have to scroll through three different accounts each with like 20 holiday listings!
BigDoggie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
0 Likes
OGudy71
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
They want to force you to use their Outlook app, which way busy and the calendar events fonts are to small and I've not found away to make it bigger, unlike the Samsumg Calendar your can just pitch zoom the screen.
I'm not a fan of the Outlook app!!
0 Likes
Ola5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

SAMSUNG RESPOND!

SAME PROBLEM and no solution anywhere to be found. 
- I have a s22 Ultra
- I live in Sweden (NOT UK)
- Samsung has added FIVE UK HOLIDAY CALENDARS!!! which cant be removed anywhere on the phone and they are not present on my outlook page (checked in browser).

I'm connected to 3 outlook accounts, but neither of them have holiday calendars so this is DEFENITELY as Samsung bug (same way Samsung adds its own local spam folder to mail, instead of using hotmail Junk, which doesnt allow you long click and select "not spam").
Seems the only way is to stop using samsung calendar and samsung mail. A pity that they cant let the user decide and does this instead that will push users away. If it was not for this, I like both Samsung calendar and mail app but this is such an annoyance.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Ola5 You have found the US Samsung discussion area. You might find resolution by posting in the discussion group for your geographical area. You can find that site by visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/ 

That being said, Samsung doesn't have any holiday calendars. The holiday calendars are tied to your Google account. To change which ones you see, follow the advice in https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/13748345?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop 

0 Likes
Gooner21
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Anyone find a fix for this, I have Holidays, English premier league and NRL duplicated about 30 times each with no way to remove them..... Frustrating as **bleep** 

0 Likes
Bajan Agent
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I found a fix when I removed my outlook account (in your case it might be some other email account that is causing the issue), and then added it back onto the phone. The duplicates went away. Hope that helps.

0 Likes