Original topic:

Samsung S22 WiFi Calling Issues

(Topic created: 04-22-2022 10:36 AM)
StephanieP92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello everyone! 

I recently got the regular Samsung S22 about a month ago. So far I love it, except for one thing.

I sporadically have issues receiving or making calls, and also receiving or sending texts at my place of work. I understand that since I work in a steel building that my cellular coverage will be disrupted, which is why I was excited for the WiFi calling feature. 

However, even when I am connected to WiFi calling and have WiFi calling turned on I still miss a ton of calls, texts are slow to send and receive, and making calls takes a long time too if they go through at all. Sometimes texts won't send either.

I have tried all of the steps short of factory reset, because I didn't want to go through all of that and it not even help the problem, although that may be my next step if it still is not working properly.

I've restarted my phone, performed a Network reset, turned airplane mode on, removed and reinserted my SIM card, toggled WiFi calling on and off, toggled between Cellular preferred to WiFi preferred.

I have contacted both Samsung and my carrier and went through all of the steps they both recommended, and they both ended with them telling me to contact the other. The people at Samsung recommended I go to a 'Samsung Walk-in Service Center' which, unfortunately, I don't have one remotely close to me. So they recommend I go to Best Buy and speak to them, which I plan on doing tomorrow. (Fingers crossed)

My carrier wanted me to perform a speed test on the WiFi, which I did, and it must have passed because he had no recommendations for that. When I look at the WiFi symbol it shows I have full bars.

My old phone was a Motorola Moto Z4, which I NEVER had problems making/received calls or sending/receiving texts at work. Same carrier and everything, and that was only a month ago. Nothing else has changed except the phone.

I plan on going to Best Buy tomorrow, but I was just wanting to check in with you guys to see if you had any recommendations/tips/tricks.

I'm through Verizon, if that helps.

Thank you all in advance!

44 Replies
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Do you connect to just one router at work or how is that network configured? Also I'm not sure every carrier has these settings but under wifi calling there is also an option for 'Wi-Fi preferred' or 'cellular preferred' from what your saying if default is cell preferred this could be messing it up
0 Likes
StephanieP92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

@Cass94 That's a good point and I didn't think of that, but there are definitely multiple routers that we are connected to.
I have it set to WiFi preferred currently, but I have tried both with the same results both times.

And it was direct from Verizon

0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
So is this network under a single ssid as in you only had to connect once? Or when you say multiple routers did you actually have to connect and type in a password for each one in order for it to bounce?
0 Likes
StephanieP92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

@Cass94 I'm sorry I just spoke to our IT person and it is just one router but multiple access points

0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Okay that's definitely preferred and rules out some things is it the type of network that you just put in a password when you select it in wifi on phone or do you also have to login to a company account?
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Also are you using the stock messages and phone apps? And aside from calling and texting does everything else internet wise work on the phone when connected to work wifi like YouTube or just Chrome?
0 Likes
StephanieP92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

The WiFi I can just log into, there is no password because it is basically the guest WiFi network.

And I am using the stock messages and phone apps.

0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
So when you say log into you mean you just connect and nothing else like it's completely unsecured? Or there is some kind of company verification login that allows onces on the guest network?
0 Likes
StephanieP92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

That's right, it is unsecured. And all the rest of my stuff works. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, everything!

0 Likes