JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung points and font purchase

(Topic created: 05-02-2023 07:37 AM)
x626
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
🤔 I have a bunch of Samsung reward points from purchasing hardware, I want to download new fonts for my s22 ultra but I refuse to pay money out of principle. I should be able to add whichever font I would like without having to pay extra for it, especially for the crazy prices that they are.

Can I use my Samsung points on the Galaxy font store?

Unless someone knows how download Samsung phone another way. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Your Samsung Reward points are only available via www.samsung.com.  The font store is not associated with this in any way, and the prices are set by the people who make these fonts, not by Samsung itself (unless the font was made by Samsung)

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Your Samsung Reward points are only available via www.samsung.com.  The font store is not associated with this in any way, and the prices are set by the people who make these fonts, not by Samsung itself (unless the font was made by Samsung)

0 Likes
x626
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for your reply. I know that the front prices are set by the developers and not Samsung unless it's the handful that they made which just happens to be at no cost. Inquiring fonts from third parties is not possible however is there a way that I can make my own fonts? Maybe even submit it to the store so I can download it then?
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

That is a little over my head, as I have never looked into this.  I assume that anyone can make and upload fonts, but do not know what software is involved or how to actually upload them.

0 Likes
x626
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Figure out how to develop fonts is simple enough, I am sure that there are plenty of examples out there. But before I go and spend hours and hours looking into it I thought I would at least ask here if there are no alternatives to changing the font on my phone other than the free Samsung ones at no cost.

On another point, I really do find it unbelievable that after spending $1,300 on my phone I have to pay in order to get none basic fonts for my phone. I think it's a smack on the face and incredibly Petty of Samsung. 😕
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Again... Samsung is NOT charging you for their (standard) fonts.  You are paying for fonts submitted by other users.  Should they not be paid for their hard work and efforts?  I don't recall seeing a voucher for free fonts included with the cost of your device, so not sure why you think you are entitled to them, just because you paid the same retail price for your device as the rest of us did.

x626
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It's not a matter of entitlement, it's a matter of Samsung closing this particular part of the settings so I cannot even use third party apps or fonts. OneUI won't let you install anything that is not from the store. If you happen to know how I can install my own fonts for the system please let me know.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
You can redeem your points for a visa debit right to your phone using Samsung pay then set it as your payment card and pay with Samsung pay
0 Likes