JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Snapchat only uses .6X and 1X Zoom Cameras

(Topic created: 07-15-2022 10:31 AM)
userSTZ6j6eB8M
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I recently purchased my S22 Ultra and snapchat has been functioning like normal until this morning. This morning when I would try to use the front facing camera, it would instead swap to the .6X Zoom camera also on the rear. I've tried everything from clearing the cache, restarting my phone, and reinstalling snapchat. Any suggestions on what to do? I've not changed any settings other than factory in snapchat. Camera, mic, and location permissions are on.

7 Replies
keeg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Samething here
keeg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had my s22 for months now and the problem just started must be something on snapchats end
isthisthingon76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here. Started this morning. Pretty irate since I hate using anything else for communication.
useri0RfFIso8u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same! I cannot access the selfie camera...Someone please fix this bug ASAP!

Members_cWhqVq1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

You can click on settings and scroll down to I Spotted a Bug. Perhaps a surge of those will get their attention.

Members_FbecKIC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

edit: i just checked, as of 11:45pm CT the selfie mode is back!

I reported the issue to Snapchat a few hours ago, they emailed me:

"Hi there,

Thanks for writing in!

We're aware of this issue and looking into it 

We appreciate you taking the time to report this - it helps us improve the Snapchat app 

We will follow up if we need more information 

Please note 

If youā€™d like to report: abuse, a privacy or safety concern, or spam on Snapchat, please click here. You can also visit our Safety Center for more information.

Thanks,"

The troubleshooting I did, to no avail:

I cannot use selfie camera on Samsung galaxy s22 up to date. The camera alternates between front facing and a front facing zoom.
Updated to recent version of snapchat today - still cannot use it
I cleared local lens data and all lens data and restarted the phone, I did this twice.
I have a screenshot showing a dark screen (snapchat doesn't have access to my selfie or rear camera so it made it black).
I cleared cache in settings of snapchat, restarted, same issue.
I tried uninsfalling and reinstalling and restarting, still persists.
This just happened today. The most recent Android update was a few days ago (I think last Sunday was the update) and seems unlikely that it just now caused something with snapchat to go wrong.
The camera of my device works as expected, with rear and front cameras.
I also tried having snapchat ask for permission for the camera each time when I open it and I give permission and still the selfie camera is not working.

I also tried to install a former version of Snapchat via APK (from early June), same issue.

0 Likes
Solution
userLEWViz9awB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I had this problem as well.

To fix this issue you can go to settings>permissions>permission manager>snapchat and untick the camera access permission and restart the snapchat app. When starting up the app is now going to request access to the camera and after allowing it this permission back its gonna go back to using the front facing camera like normal