Original topic:

Trade in third party inspector fraud: Fake screen crack

(Topic created: 03-06-2024 11:13 PM)
userXYkjTgCdVY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I received the horrific news via email that my S22 Ultra must have been damaged in transport as it lived it's happy life with me inside a spigen case with a rubber blue light filtering anti-microbial screen protector.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 012934.png

upon opening the picture of the front screen, I was terrified... but then decided to zoom in.  Low and behold, it simply looked like a glare.  More specifically, the glare of a window blind.

0b06573c-3dfe-46f2-a6dd-1d81da7008ae.jpgas evident in the other picture of the screen below with the phone at a slightly different angle, you'll notice those happy little "cracks" decided to get up and walk to a different part of the screen.  How kind of them.

2f58b16b-ebf2-43c5-84df-3e49a95cf76d.jpgIn the end via an online chat with Samsung customer support, they acknowledged the evidence and made everything right instantly, also saying that their inspector will be investigated.  I'm simply posting this in the forum for others to see since there is a large stack of other devices there with no "cracks".  If you notice the same desk mat and pattern of "cracks" in the pictures you received, I recommend you reach out to Samsung.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 013049.png

In the end, Samsung did an excellent job with my specific case and said they would investigate.  I'm just posting this here to help other victims and to hold Samsung to their word that this particular inspector will be investigated for attempting to defraud Samsung's valuable customers.  If Samsung could reply to this thread with their investigation findings and/or remedying the other customers likely defrauded by this same inspector, I'd be very grateful!

"Scratches at a level 7, with deeper grooves at a level 8"

"Glass is glass, and glass breaks" <-- unless it's the glare of a window blind.

3 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for sharing your story!
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Wow ! I'm glad they solved this for you!
0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
This seems to be a norm now. My friend got an email saying that he traded in a galaxy note 8 and not a Galaxy S22 Ultra. Called Samsung, after 10 mins they reversed the change.. Problem is, this keeps happening and these fools don't even try to fake the pictures 😂 they just want to see who will actually complain
0 Likes