Original topic:

Unable to access Secure Folder

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 05:53 AM)
userd60ikviKun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

S22 Ultra on September 5th update.

I set up Secure Folder at some point and can't remember the password. Now, I have a permanent notification stating that the Secure Folder is locked. When I tap the notification, it asks for my Secure Folder password. I enter something wrong, and it says I need to wait 30 seconds before trying again. I never get the Forgot Password Link that has been mentioned here. At this point, I'd rather just remove the Secure Folder but every time I try to access the Secure Folder settings, I am asked for the password. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
35 Replies
Members_I8EKQf5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I am also having issues with my Secure Folder on the Z Fold android phone. How do you sign in as null and reset your Secure Folder lock?  I have tried everything and nothing works.  I have reset my Samsung account 3 times and this hasn't worked.

Phone.jpg

0 Likes
Members_I8EKQf5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I need help with my Secure Folder as well.  I am at a point where it says "Your Samsung account has been changed.  To enable Secure Folder, sign in as null and reset your Secure Folder lock."  How exactly do I do this?  There are 2 options at the bottom of the screen: Close Secure Folder and Samsung accounts.  I have tried both options and nothing takes me to a  location where I can enable secure folder or sign in as null or anything. I have reset my samsung account password 3 times and this isn't working.

0 Likes
LUPUSREX39
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I've tried this but after every  time I hit forgot password and I'm sent to a gray screen with a spinning circle I'm getting 

Lightbulb79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah,, back up your phone, and do a factory data reset.
0 Likes
littlebitofe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Having the same issue. Nothing helped. I even deleted secure folder data & cache. No change. I have only 1 attempt left - what happens when it runs out?

It is super frustrating & makes me anxious.

0 Likes
AlbertoHK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm able to reset the PIN after clearing the cache and data of the Secure Folder app.
Just search the Secure Folder app inside the Apps in Settings.

Settings / Apps / Secure Folder / Storage

then click on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
T
After that, when I clicked on "Forget Pin" the black screen with rotating cycle was gone and the screen for reseting the password is presented.