JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to edit Contacts

(Topic created: Monday)
jopoor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I do not know whether to fault Samsung or Android for being unable to edit Contacts. When a Contact is selected, there is no Edit icon shown at the top or the bottom of the screen. Pulling down the Menu shows Edit as the top choice, but tapping Edit takes me to a Select Contacts page.

I have screen images, but have not figured out how to post them here, all I get is a little square.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

In order to edit a contact, you select the contact, and then tap the circled "i" on the far right. Once you tap that, you will be in the contact's info page where you can add/edit information.  the little edit pencil as at the bottom of the screen.  To add a photo to a post, if you are in the app, tap the + next to the text field and select your image.  From the website, tap the camera icon at the top of the text field.

SmartSelect_20241015_084620_Phone.jpgSmartSelect_20241015_084427_Contacts.jpg

View solution in context

7 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Should be three dots on upper right not exactly top select edit than little dots appear for contacts names etc. Select the one or ones to edit
0 Likes
jopoor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Nope, doesn't happen that way, the 3 dots are the Menu and Edit goes to Select Contacts.

0 Likes
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea. And sometimes you may get a issue where if some of your contacts are samsung users to their images may not change because they have a image set for all samsung contacts to see them as. If that method doesnt work tap on the picture where the image show up at and see what it does
jopoor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Have not come across that issue, only interested in editing a Contact.

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

In order to edit a contact, you select the contact, and then tap the circled "i" on the far right. Once you tap that, you will be in the contact's info page where you can add/edit information.  the little edit pencil as at the bottom of the screen.  To add a photo to a post, if you are in the app, tap the + next to the text field and select your image.  From the website, tap the camera icon at the top of the text field.

SmartSelect_20241015_084620_Phone.jpgSmartSelect_20241015_084427_Contacts.jpg

jopoor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you. Google/Android has taken a capability that was immediately available and buried/hidden it in a less than obvious menu.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
If you keep your contacts in Google, you can also edit via the website contacts.google.com. This option is best utilized on computer.
0 Likes