JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to play my music in the Samsung music app

(Topic created: 08-03-2023 02:40 PM)
Chinche
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Ever since I bought my S22, I have not been able to play my music on the Samsung Music app. I've called Samsung before but have not been able to get it resolved. My music still shows there but when I hit play it super skips track after track. Any suggestions?

Thanks
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Chinche Yes, they are Windows Media Audio files. Unfortunately they won't be compatible with the Samsung Music app on your device. You will have to convert the files to a different audio format for them to work in that app. They will work in some other apps though. I'm pretty sure VLC for Android will work. 

View solution in context

30 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22

@Chinche Does this happen on both Wi-Fi and mobile data? Try clearing the cache of the Samsung Music app. Head to Settings>Apps>Samsung Music>Storage>Clear cache.

Chinche
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Tried it. Still didn't work. Thanks though.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22

@Chinche Does this happen on other Wi-Fi networks or while on mobile?

Chinche
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Both
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22

@Chinche Ah, alright. Can you try uninstalling the Samsung Music app and then reinstalling it?

Chinche
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I tried this as well, even tried different apps for Samsung music, none work. When I initially got the phone I went to Samsung support who then passed me on to an outsource d tech service, and they couldn't help me. Thanks for trying.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22

@Chinche Wow, strange how they both weren't able to help. Do other music apps, like Spotify or Pandora, work? Are these tracks ripped from CDs?

Chinche
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, tracks are ripped from cd's. Spotify & Pandora work.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22

@Chinche The fact that they are ripped audio files may be the point of failure here. Do these same files play on any other device that you have put them on, like a computer?