JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Universal unlocked Samsung s22 stuck on June security update

(Topic created: 10-01-2023 03:04 PM)
Rlena
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So I bought a used universal unlocked s22 a few months ago. I found out it originally came from Verizon. I am using it on T-Mobile. It has not received an update since June. When you check for one, it says it is up to date. When I plug it in to smart switch it tells me it is up to date. As far as I know Verizon and T-Mobile s22 should be on the September update. Now I am worried I won't get android 14 when it comes out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rlena
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Found out why it would not update. The phone was unlocked, but it was originally a Verizon locked phone. What Verizon doesn't tell you is before you can unlock the phone to take to another carrier, you have to make sure it is totally updated to the most recent update. If not, it will not update when you move it to the new carrier. I took the phone back and had them exchange it for one that was on my carrier and up to date.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
get frija, download up to date firmware and install using odin, use HOME CSC to not lose any settings or anything and upgrade it to the correct firmware, from there you should get updates
Options
Galaxy S22
Does the phone say it's unlocked?
0 Likes
Rlena
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, it is one of those when you put a sim card in, it restarts and Automatically loads the apps and info for the new carrier. Everything else works fine. It just doesn't find any updates.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
all I can recommend is using a computer to update it but I definitely recommend you either contact Samsung or find out how to do it properly as I don't have a PC and don't know what application you need.
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here
0 Likes
Solution
Rlena
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Found out why it would not update. The phone was unlocked, but it was originally a Verizon locked phone. What Verizon doesn't tell you is before you can unlock the phone to take to another carrier, you have to make sure it is totally updated to the most recent update. If not, it will not update when you move it to the new carrier. I took the phone back and had them exchange it for one that was on my carrier and up to date.
0 Likes