JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using cellular data while connected to a LAN that doesn't have internet

(Topic created: 10-04-2023 09:59 AM)
Bakerboo43
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I remember this used to work, internet goes down on my home LAN and my 4/5g would kick in BUT I'd still have access to my local devices via the wifi...

According to my Google searching this feature died in Android 12...is this true? 

In the developer network settings it still says "mobile data always active". So it seems like the concept is still alive, but it doesn't work. 

Anyone have a fix? And if not, how do we petition to make this a feature fix/request?? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Try opening up your settings for your connections and select the Wireless settings then select the Intelligence wifi menu then select switch to mobile data and open the settings for that feature and make sure that it's enabled, I have no problems with the automatic switching from wifi to mobile data Screenshot_20231004_132034_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20231004_132028_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Try opening up your settings for your connections and select the Wireless settings then select the Intelligence wifi menu then select switch to mobile data and open the settings for that feature and make sure that it's enabled, I have no problems with the automatic switching from wifi to mobile data Screenshot_20231004_132034_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20231004_132028_Settings.jpg
Bakerboo43
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Ahhh... It was in there that I found I had my wifi on "network exceptions"... So they were always connected.

Nice. Thanks!