JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

VIDEO EDITOR - ALL EDIT OPTIONS GONE

(Topic created: 01-03-2024 08:11 PM)
Members_EOJFp9S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

AGREEEED! I have no edit options now and can't do anything with my video editor. I can edit old videos prior to the update, having all edit options available but any new vids I can't do sh*t with them. Studio is annoying and just adds extra steps and I don't want to create a movie, gif or whatever. I just want to edit my vids like before...shrink, warp, speed up or slow down, sizing, FILTERS.... why did I buy all these filters and now I can't use them! It was convenient and really nice to just hit edit and bang! All your options right there. The last update is a huge step backwards. I've been a Samsung lifer and now I'm actually considering iPhone as my wife has all of those features for video editing on her iPhone, easily like we used too. Awful and so disappointed. Again, I've been a Samsung user since the first galaxy came out, along with tvs and electronics. Maybe it's time for a change, unless this gets fixed asap. Wish I never updated my phone and I would be happy to roll back but can't. I can't even unistall gallery update or video edit. Those apps don't even show up in the galaxy store anymore. What is going on? HOW CAN I EDIT A VIDEO AS I DID PRIOR TO THE UPDATE WITHOUT! CREATING A DARN MOVIE OR GIF AND SUCH!? I think I should apply for a job at Samsung bc someone overthrew is "over thinking" things and trying way to hard.

15 Replies
OctoberNicole
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to samsung open-source website (search for it) and just download the editor again.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Members_EOJFp9S Try this:

1. Open the Gallery
  2. Click on the video you want to edit
  3. Click the pencil icon
  4. Now you will see all the usual editing tools available. 
Brittanynatasha
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Where's the face smoothness editing tool?

useroabyxQHZqh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I couldn't find the option to add/stitch videos together. Do you happen to know where it is now? 

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@useroabyxQHZqh Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can do this directly from the Gallery.

1. Open the Studio app. This is a relatively new app provided by Samsung.
  2. Select Start new project (or open the project you have already created).
  3. Select the item or items that you want to add to the project. 
  4. Click Done.
  5. Now you can click the + sign to add more items to your project. 
VincentMichael
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I feel this. I miss the highlights feature. Can't find any app to replicate
George89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Me too. And when googling Samsung simply tells you it's still there, but it's not. 

Ferhensha
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This! I need this back! It's what brought me here. Were there any solutions or anyone know where to find it?

0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm not sure what you are talking about. I can edit my videos exactly the same. I hit the pencil icon and can select filters, download more filters etc etc