JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Virus or scam like notifications appearing in Calendar

(Topic created: 10-19-2022 12:05 PM)
CCampos0116
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I keep receiving these notifications from my calendar saying my phone might be hacked , they don't stop coming I tried force stopping the app cleared the cache and it still happens , there's no way to Uninstall the app or stop the notifications. I've only had the samsung 22+ for like 4 days I'm really tempted to go return it and switch to iPhone if the problem keeps reoccurring. Please help . Sincerely an annoyed customer 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@CCampos0116 You will need to visit calendar.google.com on your computer and change the settings so that Spam won't automatically create events. See the Google help article -> https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6084018?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@CCampos0116 You will need to visit calendar.google.com on your computer and change the settings so that Spam won't automatically create events. See the Google help article -> https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6084018?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Well, what apps have you installed?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
This helped a friend of mine. Log out of everything on all devices and login to your Gmail account, setup a brand new password, enable 2 step verification, then in your Gmail settings, check your trusted devices. If any of them do not correspond to you, delete them.
gd1951
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
It's scamers trying to get your info.do not open go in the calendar settings notices or one there's its in there tap on then delete then make sure not in trash if so delete. Google gave that warning out 2 weeks about it
0 Likes
CCampos0116
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How do I find notices ? And delete what ? I can't delete nothing and I just have to clear the memory and force stop it all the time it is dumb . Google should have better security
0 Likes
GalaxyMOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I just lost a lot of calander Dr. Appointments and reminders. I must have clicked on some type of spam.
0 Likes