JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why doesn't my device have smart charging?

(Topic created: 11-02-2022 04:55 AM)
Members_TVHS44C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Google Pixel, iPhone and most Android phones have a function that charges your phone slowly throughout the night and then charges the battery to 100 percent just before you wake up. This has been around for years to extend battery life. Yet Samsung seems to refuse to have any of this properly configured to schedule a charging schedule. This just feels like an expensive downgrade from the Pixel and justifies why I took a break from Samsung for the past 13 years. Seems like the S22 is as disappointing as when I had the Galaxy S2. 

7 Replies
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
You can set up a Bixby routine to run the protect battery setting at night aswell as having it disable any and all types of fast charging

It's what I did with my S21U and it works great
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Could you share the steps in that Bixby routine?
0 Likes
Solution
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Here's mine. turns fast charging off and I have it set so it'll turn protect battery off in time for it to be at 100 when I wake up Screenshot_20221102_070002_1000002742_1667390403.jpg
0 Likes
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
What I have setScreenshot_20221102-125037_Bixby Routines.jpg
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
This is the answer. I set it up and use it whenever I charge overnight. For me it's better than smart charging because I can set it exactly the way I want
CSan_Static
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
There is an option to use slow charging in the battery section. Just disable superbfast charging and fast charging all together and it will charge in a ow boreal state.also there is a charging limit to 85% so y9ur battery stays healthier than most devices. There is no direct option like other android or iPhone devices but it's a different way to protect your device.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
It's interesting that you "took a break from Samsung for the past 13 years"

The first release of a Galaxy phone was 29 June 2009, exactly thirteen years ago.

So you bought the first Galaxy phone, didn't like it, so went elsewhere...

Anyway, times have changed, battery wise. Disable Super and Fast Charging

Also, enable Protect Battery to extend the overall life of the battery.

Bixby is also available to customize what you want, as others have shared
0 Likes