Original topic:

Wifi disconnect

(Topic created: Friday)
Options
Galaxy S22

Why is there no option for me to disconnect from a wifi.

The only way to disconnect is either turn off wifi in general or turn off auto-reconnect.
Please out back the options to simple disconnect.
Options
Galaxy S22
If I'm not mistaken, you were able to hold down the connected wifi name, and there was an option to forget it, disconnect, etc. But now it doesn't let you hold it down. There is no menu that pops up when you do
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I honestly don't remember that any time recently, but I'm not saying it didn't happen. When auto-reconnect is off, it makes no difference, as it won't connect unless you tap on your networks to connect, and it still stores your password. If they got rid of the "disconnect" option, it was probably to save battery life, keeping your phone from constantly searching for something it's not going to connect to. The "Intelligent Wi-Fi" tab might have been the end of what you're saying for just a disconnecting option. But auto reconnecting off is the same difference, right? 1728670889295.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Auto reconnect being off is awesome, but if I connect to the Network that is not set to auto connect, it will still not give me an option to disconnect, giving me the only option to turn off and then on wifi again
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I would make a suggestion to Samsung. For me, personally, it seems like it's the same amount of steps to just have auto-connect turned off and then click on the Wi-Fi toggle when I want to disconnect and turn it on when I want to connect. But I definitely understand what you are asking for. Unfortunately, it seems that this feature is not currently available. Sorry I was unable to help you find it. There is one thing that might be a workaround. if you use your router app, you can pause items connected to the network. This is a one step click on mine, so it disconnects and reconnects with a tap. Of course, it has nothing to do with the phone . Anyway, I hope you have a blessed day
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
So for me, I'm not referring to the network in my house specifically, but first of all, I want my wifi always on for android auto etc that uses it just for media connectivity, etc.
I also use wifi to connect to my dash cam to download footage.
When I'm done with getting the footage, it doesn't give me an option to disconnect i either need to restart the dash cam to turn off its wifi, or turn off my wifi toggle on my phone for it to disconnect and yes, I have auto connect turned off for the dash cam wifi ssid
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

If you want to disconnect from a specific network, go into the network settings and tap the network you are connected to and select disconnect and make sure auto-reconnect is off.  You have to do it manually, each and every time, as there is no way to automate it.  If you want it on a specific network for a specific app, you can create a routine to turn it on when the particular app you need to use opens and then disconnect when the app is closed. Otherwise, just make sure auto-reconnect for that particular network is off and turn the wi-fi off and back on-when you are finished with it. Those are your only options.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
There is no disconnect option in the gear menu sir
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

You must have auto reconnect turned on.  Once you turn auto-reconnect off, you will be able to tap the network and automatically disconnect. It's not rocket science.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I still do not have the option of disconnecting from any network.
Please find me a screenshot of that option because I do not see anywhere the words "disconnect" "...from this network"
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Then you are doing something wrong. You need to tap the setting grar of the network in question and turn off auto reconnect. On e you turn that off, when you want to disconnevt from the network, you just tap it--no need to press snd hold. Once you tap it, you will automatically disconnect. As long as auto tecoonect is on, you will not be able to manually disconnect from the network, and the only way out is to either remove yourself from the network's range or turn off the WiFi.
0 Likes