JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi disconnects on sleep

(Topic created: 03-23-2022 05:52 PM)
useryZ8h8efc6S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I am using the Sonos app to play music on the Ultra itself to Sonos speakers.

When the screen goes to sleep, it stops playing the next song. If I set the sleep to 10 minutes, it plays songs until it goes to sleep.

It starts playing the next song a few minutes later on its own. Or if I wake it up, the next song plays immediately.

Also, if connected to a charger, it works flawlessly playing song after song. My Note 20 works flawlessly whether charging or not. So it is not the Sonos app or my home wifi.

There is something in the S22 Ultra that puts the app and/or wifi to sleep when it is not charging. I have set the wifi to unmetered, disabled switch to mobile data, disabled wifi power saving mode. The device is stationary.

Nothing seems to keep songs playing if I am not charging.

8 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to settings and search for sleeping. The list will show sleeping apps option. Sleeping, deep sleep or never sleeping apps. You can add apps under appropriate option Screenshot_20220323-134652_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
useryZ8h8efc6S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks, but Sonos is already set to never sleep.  It still sleeps when with the screen unless i have it plugged in to charge.

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Strange. I have never used or had Sonos speakers. Do you stream your music from an internet or music is stored locally?

Also look at power saving settings and compare with your Note 20. I personally enabled adaptive power saving on my phone. See if yours is enabled or disabled. (screenshot) Screenshot_20220323-172330_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
useryZ8h8efc6S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

And I also tried disabling putting apps to sleep. No change.

0 Likes
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Tap and hold Sonos app icon, then in the pop-up tap on "i" mark. Then scroll down to battery and in there look at the options. Screenshot_20220323-172737_Settings.jpg

useryZ8h8efc6S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

it was set to 'optimized'. It is also 'optimized' on the Note 20.

I changed it to 'unrestricted' on the Ultra. 

THAT FIXED IT! Been changing songs for the past 15 minutes with no skips. Thanks!!

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Happy to hear that!

0 Likes
useryZ8h8efc6S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I also let Sonos know. You fixed problems that every s22 user had playing songs on sonos!!

Something changed on this between the Note 20 to the S22 Ultra, as Optimized worked on the Note 20 but not the S22.

0 Likes