JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wrong number when using Call and text on other devices on tablet

(Topic created: 08-06-2022 11:54 AM)
matejay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, I have a Galaxy S22 linked to my Tab S8+ Wi-Fi. I also have Call and text on other devices enabled. I can receive and answer calls from the phone on the tablet but not the other way around. When I try calling from my tablet, the call cuts off and when I look at my phone, there was this weird long number dialed. I once got it to work by turning off everything but now the problem came back and even turning it off and on again doesn't help. Messages work fine both ways though. Has anyone encountered this problem before and found a solution? Or is this a bug? Any help is appreciated!Screenshot_Phone.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, that is definitely odd! I can understand the confusion regarding seeing a long dialed-out number that doesn't match what you dialed. Just to clarify, have you switched carriers recently? It is possible that this may need to be brought up with whoever your service provider is, as not all of them support this feature, or have a separate means of doing so. In the meantime, make sure calling and messaging from your tablet is set up properly, and try re-setting it up using this guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

If the troubleshooting did not help, please make sure to contact your carrier. Also, Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Go to Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports.  This will alert our engineers. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, that is definitely odd! I can understand the confusion regarding seeing a long dialed-out number that doesn't match what you dialed. Just to clarify, have you switched carriers recently? It is possible that this may need to be brought up with whoever your service provider is, as not all of them support this feature, or have a separate means of doing so. In the meantime, make sure calling and messaging from your tablet is set up properly, and try re-setting it up using this guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

If the troubleshooting did not help, please make sure to contact your carrier. Also, Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Go to Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports.  This will alert our engineers. 

matejay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Nope, haven't switched carriers since I bought the phone and tablet. I even called them a month ago about this problem and they said it shouldn't be a problem from the carrier's side. I looket at the guide but nothing in there states for resetting the feature. I went ahead and turned it off, removed and re-added the tablet to the feature, I even cleared data and cache for system apps that start with "Phone", the "Call and text on other devices" app and "Continuity service" app. But nothing helped, it's still the same long dialed number. I suspect that somethings wrong in the calling process from the tablet to phone, as if the Phone app on my tablet is sending the wrong number to the Phone app on my phone to dial.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank your for your response. It is recommended to submit an error report.

Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Go to Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports. 

0 Likes