JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

s22 ultra isn't recognized on any computers

(Topic created: 06-04-2022 12:30 PM)
usergXpLJ2UxzS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Today I went to plug my s22+ ultra into my PC for large file transfer, and after 2 hours of fidgeting, I could not figure out the issue. Do you have any suggestions before i do a final hard reset?

What I've done so far: Made sure cord is not the problem, and PC is not the problem as my wife's S22+ ultra connects via the same cord to my PC and functions properly.

I have gone as far as to enable developer settings in order to default the USB connection to file transfer, but to no avail. No matter which cord or port or computer I connect my S22+ ultra to, it is treated like a charging cable and the computer doesn't even acknowledge the connections.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Try to uninstall Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. If you don't have one you can download it from here Samsung USB Driver

Once installed restart your pc and try it again.

View solution in context

12 Replies
userBNrzitPeKO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea oddly I had this problem a couple days ago on windows 10. I just restarted both my phone and PC and it fixed it. Odd issue
0 Likes
usergXpLJ2UxzS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

that was one of my first thoughts, no such luck.

0 Likes
LunaElcipz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Have u tried enable USB debug mode on or the phone connection link from ur phone to PC
0 Likes
usergXpLJ2UxzS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

yes, no effect. it seems that no matter what i Do my computer doesn't even know i'm connecting a device to it, whereas I can access my wife's through the file explorer, and device manager but see no effect to either when i plug in my Phone.

LunaElcipz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you try the phone companion thing the one that looks like blue phone on windows 10 and above you also u may need to change it to transfer files in setting when u connect it
0 Likes
usergXpLJ2UxzS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I dont really care to setup my phone through windows, as far as i can tell that doesn't add any useful features for myself, i just strictly want to be able to hardwire transfer data to my PC. Ive set the default settings to File transfer via Developer settings but again, PC doesnt even know a device is connected and phone treats it likeI'ive plugged it into a wall outlet. Ive tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 connections, samsung and offbrand cables, all only allow charging function and nothing via my PC. its like the firmware to recognize my phone specifically on the computer is corrupt, but since my wife's phone is the same model that doesn't actually make sense to me.

LunaElcipz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You may need to contact Samsung them self not form it could be hardwear issues I had to set mine up throw window for it to recognize to transfer files for me it did the same as mine can u add them in a Google Drive folder and just have sync like that?
0 Likes
Mike423439
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have exactly the same issue on my S10 plus. Was fine for years! The only thing that I can think of that changed was I had a notice to remove some obsolete photo editing applications from Samsung. After removing them it seems like my usb problems started. My wife's s8 works fine connected to my computer, but my pc doesn't even know the s10 is connected.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

What version of Windows 10 do you have?  There is a version of Windows 10 that will not allow such connections, no matter what.  Even if you download the multimedia extensions, and the Samsung USB drivers, this version of Windows 10 will NOT allow android phones to connect for file transfers.  I this it was like Windows 10 S or something to that end.  One of the companies I worked for bought this as it is slightly cheaper, but causes issues like this...

As a side note, Samsung does not make an S22+ Ultra.  They make the S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra.  Combining all three into one device description makes it hard to determine exactly what device you have.  It would be like going to McDonalds and ordering a McDouble quarter pounder with cheese.

0 Likes