JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ad blocker running on S23 Ultra but can't find out where it is located on my phone

(Topic created: 11-15-2023 06:00 AM)
userlCZiPf5yw9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi there

I am trying to access the Android Police Web site on my new mobile using the Chrome Browser.

However, it says I'm running an ad blocker. I can't even access their web page on how block unwanted ads as I'm running an ad blocker!

I tried both the Kiwi browser and Samsung Internet browser and I'm having the same issue.

Does anyone know where I find out where an Ad blocker might be running as I don't remember installing anything myself.

It's possible I enabled something on my phone when setting it up but I did a search online and I can't find anything.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
unblock ads from the settings in Samsung Internet

View solution in context

3 Replies
Reficul1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Settings, connections, more connection settings. Check there and make sure that private dns is on automatic. A friend of mine bought a used phone and it did the same thing. Turned out that the previous owner was using adguard.
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
unblock ads from the settings in Samsung Internet
userlCZiPf5yw9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for the replies.

I went to Samsung Interner -> Settings -> Privacy Dashboard -> Smart-anti tracking and set it to never.

That worked.

I then set it to always and the Android Police Web site still worked.

If only their Web site was as helpful in explaining what to do but perhaps my issue was obscure.

0 Likes