JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App issues with the edge panel?

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 07:57 PM)
Shisaki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I use the edge panel a lot to open apps and it doesn't work most of the time for some reason, started happening only recently maybe a month back or less and fix is to reboot the phone and I keep getting sick of doing that. To describe the issue more specifically the apps do show on the panel it's just that when I click nothing happens.

Thank you.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
55 Replies
Sroy92121
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I removed all folders in the edge panel and that seemed to have made it more stable. I stumbled on this workaround, when I realized that the edge panel stopped working when starting an app inside an edge panel app folder. 

Secondly, I also moved it out of the keyboard area. 

Seems like a UIOne bug introduced during the rollout of Android 14. 

0 Likes
Shisaki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Try rebooting your phone whenever that happens usually fixes it, it happened again to me recently but with the latest new one UI update(which coincidentally came out at about the same time I started facing this issue again) it fixed itself once again, anyways I pre ordered the s24 ultra so I guess I will be trading this phone away and won't have it anymore.
0 Likes
Peebs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My issue w/ Edge Panel was specifically w/ People. I used to have two columns of 5 (so 10 contacts total) on the People edge panel, but after an update it only showed the right column. When I tried to re-add the missing contacts I had on the left column it would not allow me to do so saying the contact the contact is already added. My guess here is that the update change the People edge panel to only show one column, but in reality there are still two columns "live" with your previous contacts on there. The left column is just hidden.

The workaround here is to delete the contact (that you are unable to add) and recreate the contact in your contacts. Then it can be added again to the now single column People edge panel.

Annoying, I know, but works. Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
Corey282
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
My edge panel is there. The stupid cutsie dog, the "Goodnight, Sweet Dreams" stupid thing, and the stupid Crown w/stick arms & legs. I dont give 1 sentila of a sh!t about stupid things like this.
The "rectangle" "oval" "animation" "pin/insert" button/app (whatever-the-worthless-f''k)/menu are there and contacts. The most important are my apps and the latest update removed them. Tech support tells me it was an improvement and they cant go backwards. What a bunch of gaslighting b''ches. heres an idea. When something is working, don't try to fix it!!!
0 Likes
Members_vR3prmj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

My S22 just started getting that stupid edge panel popping up! It is irritating the **bleep** out of me, it's useless and only gets in my way when I am trying to use my phone. I have to keep sliding it out my way just to type this! 

I tried turning it off in the settings but it still there even though it shows its off  and even after I reboot the phone.  One crappy and annoying "feature " I can do without!   How to I get rid of this junk?

0 Likes
msz1261
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the S24 Ultra.  I just noticed today I was missing a contact from the edge panel. 

Pictures have nothing to do with the problem.  I tried removing the picture, changing it etc.   I had to create a new contact, slightly different name.  Same number, so all the text history saved that I wanted.  Then added that, deleted the original contact, changed the name on the new contact to the original name.

0 Likes