JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App issues with the edge panel?

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 07:57 PM)
Shisaki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I use the edge panel a lot to open apps and it doesn't work most of the time for some reason, started happening only recently maybe a month back or less and fix is to reboot the phone and I keep getting sick of doing that. To describe the issue more specifically the apps do show on the panel it's just that when I click nothing happens.

Thank you.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
Members_3KDSC6t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Go to your galaxy store and check that all apps are up to date... my edge panel kept disappearing and it seems (so far) that updating the UI has kept it where it belongs and visible

0 Likes
userybi3NYcEC5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

My edge panel is disappearing too. If I open any apps that are within folders in the edge panel, then exit that app, the edge panel will become 100% transparent. I can still swipe to open the edge panel and open apps, it's just that I can't see anything.

usertllKcO0HP9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm experiencing the same issue and can't figure out why
0 Likes
userim4nBfiIib
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here. I can add some contacts, but others won't add. Frustrating

Options
Galaxy S23
If you delete and reinstall the people edge panel abs add your contacts, it should work. I had a similar issue with some panel malfunctions since OneUI 6.0.
0 Likes
user8gOdDvDIrT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I found the issue!
After the One UI 6 OS update, I got a lot of duplicate device contacts created. Find the conctact that cannot be added, edit it and see if you see duplicate entries. Delete all the extra device entries created and your contact will now show up again in the People's panel.
Dixitrk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

This worked. The contact I was unable to add was stored on 2 accounts. All I had to do was unlink one location and bingo the contact was added

0 Likes
user0r6uXaOR88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same issue galaxy S24 Ultra it just started doing it today
0 Likes
C10244
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Edge panels are constantly breaking and needing to be reset. This is a fundamental navigational feature of the phone and is currently so broken that it's effectively useless. 

This bug utterly destroys the entire core of the UX of the phone as a whole. The lack of response to this problem is also incredibly concerning, and has made me seriously question ever spending money on a Samsung phone again.

Abhorrent lack of QA and the longer Samsung does nothing to fix or address this, the more people will just give up and move away from their brand as they cannot use basic functions of their phone.

hzhdnd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine too.
It's so much clicking and swiping to get to styff. The keyboard is too sensitive, text is hard to read, emojis look like the has DSyndrome. And they refuse to roll it back. The system looks ugly and finctionality is reduced. My caps lock randomly turns on. Being better than an iPhone isn't saying much.