JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App issues with the edge panel?

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 07:57 PM)
Shisaki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I use the edge panel a lot to open apps and it doesn't work most of the time for some reason, started happening only recently maybe a month back or less and fix is to reboot the phone and I keep getting sick of doing that. To describe the issue more specifically the apps do show on the panel it's just that when I click nothing happens.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Shisaki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I no longer have the issue went away soon after an update

View solution in context

0 Likes
55 Replies
Esopinion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Not having issues but I love that slide. I think the s8 had it first. I never even turned it on never used it. Which I know now was my loss. The s9 was win I started using it and don't know what I'd do without it. But again answers to your question. never have had any issue with it. Love it
Shisaki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Which phone do you have right now?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
The S7 Edge definitely had it 😆
0 Likes
userOH2Hl6bSBO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Found this thread searching for solution. Edge disappeared with the update. If I turn it off and on, it temporarily reappears.
Members_9uMlymn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here. Driving me nuts!!

Shisaki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I no longer have any issues with the edge, I think it became more stable with an update for me although my phone still lags like a typical Samsung phone but oh well that's another issue.
0 Likes
usergV8OcdhR8q
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My phone just upgraded earlier this week and it went very well.  The People Edge panel lost all of it's contacts (was only like 6).  When I go to add them, I can select contacts, but when I hit "Done" nothing happens.  I just can't add any contacts to the People Edge.

JQuiett
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Following. Similar issue for me after the update. One contact came off my edge panel and I can not put it back on. The contact has a picture. It seems like I can add contacts without pictures just fine. I'm also losing the edge panel all together from time to time. When I swipe to open it I only see the little gear for settings. 

userZNG49FsaFo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same thing happens to me, edge panel disappears and I can only get it back by going into settings and switching it off and on. I have several folders containing multiple apps on the edge panel. figured out that when I select an app within a folder, the edge panel immediately disappears. If I select an app that is not in a group, it sticks. If I let it go and check later, sometimes it has magically reappeared, but it's not consistent. This is new with UI 6. I use the edge panel all the time, and it's super annoying to have to reset it all the time.