Original topic:

Basic questions for the S23

(Topic created: 10-17-2023 10:46 AM)
CATS10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

1.) What & where is IMEI?

2.) Does the S23 come w/ automatic warranty (I'm sure it does?) I wasn't there @ purchase. 

3.) What does UI one stand for? What's it do?

4.) Did you purchase insurance for your phone? What type?

6 Replies
Solution
Junbugg91
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Swipe down and click on the gear :gear: go all the way down to about phone and it should be there. I believe it comes with a limited year warranty but make sure you register it!! UI stands for user interface. It is the point of contact between humans and computers. Any technology you interact with as a user is part of the user interface. For example, screens, sounds, overall style, and responsiveness are all elements of UI.
CATS10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Junbugg91 ~ ☆ 😁😊
YAY!! I did just as you suggested and I found the IMEI plus more important information!! Thank you so much!! I now have an idea about UI also, knowledge is priceless! I will figure out how to
register it today! I appreciate your support, your time in explaining step by simple step " how to ".
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Not to discourage you, but this is everything that you could've googled. And insurance is super important for expensive phones especially if you're one to either break or lose them
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@CATS10 IMEI is essentially the serial number of the phone. It stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. You shouldn't freely give this number out. 

CATS10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Dear Ambassador LongHiker, thank you for taking time to spell out what IMEI actually is. I wondered and didn't want to appear sooo ignorant. Truth is, some folks in my age group haven't a clue about technology. I am surely at the top of this class.
I thank you for the safety tip re: sharing said identity. I'd of never known and more than likely given it to anyone who sounded official.
Thanks again!😊
CATS10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Dear Puti, 🙉 Please forgive my apparent laziness. I agree whole-heartedly. I acted under the assumption that the Community was a friendly shoulder to lean on. I only just joined and in the future I will struggle worrying about the qualifying validity of my posts. Thank you for your tip about insuring my phone, I appreciate your time.