JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Big dead spot in screen using the s pen

(Topic created: 03-27-2023 01:07 AM)
min88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

S23 ultra screen issues.  Big dead spot in screen using the s pen.  

Any resolve for this? Brand new phone. Replaced it once and same issue on second phone.

Regular case, nothing magnetic. 

Any help would be great.
_Sara_
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Replace it again. You shouldn't settle with a defective device.
0 Likes
Patar
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
This doesn't look like an s23 Ultra tbh I would contact samsung support because it would be under the warranty
0 Likes
min88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I already replaced it once and same issue. Went back and checked the first phone and out of the box with nothing on it the screen write works fine. What app could cause this issue?
0 Likes
TS848
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same problem. Replaced my phone once, but spent 4 hours at the store. Next day went back and spent 2 more hours since the information transfer wasn't complete and my contacts were not available.

0 Likes
Mav48185
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Put the phone in safe mode. Swipe down twice. Hit the power button, hold onto power off and boot into safe mode and see if it does the same there.
Geno71
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Is it an S23 Ultra we're talking about here? One user says it's been replaced already, and the phone just came out, and the other said they were having the same issue for almost a year? Did you guy mean to post in the S22 section? The case in the picture looks, and heck the phone too, look like the S22 Ultra.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

min88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
23 ultra is the issue. I am a rep and it is a phone I sold.
0 Likes
TS848
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

No, S23 Ultra, brand new. I had the same issue with the S20 Ultra, but the replacement phone did not have a dead spot. My S23 has 2 quite large dead spots.

0 Likes
JoeInVegas702
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello,
I have a Samsung s23 ultra with 1 terabyte in lime green. I received it on Feb 13, 2023. I've attached 2 photos. I started each yellow line from the left to right. I am experiencing a dead zone on my screen that is always in the same area. The dead zone only appears when using the sPEN. No issues when using just my finger. It appears to be the sPEN in my case. I plan to contact Samsung.
UPDATE: I figured out the issue. It was my phone case! It has a magnet in it. The dead spot disappears if I remove the phone case!Screenshot_20230223_202609_Photo Editor_1000000338_1677213387.jpgScreenshot_20230221_125355_Chrome_1000000307_1677213273.jpg
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I was just about to add a similar comment. The dead space was driving me nuts! I really only noticed it while using Instagram. I guess there's something in that app that I try to click that's almost always in the same area which is why I first noticed it. Originally I thought maybe a minor glitch but as it continued it got to be more and more annoying until I had to really dig into it. I use the S pen for everything because I hate fingerprints on my screen so naturally I thought either it was the problem or the screen itself. I was getting so frustrated with it I was about to sell this phone and go and try to hopefully find a new Note 20 Ultra because that device worked great for me. Then I removed my case to clean the screen and discovered the issue was no longer present. My case has a small magnet attached to the back for my holder in my car. I'm just glad it was something this simple. But I had a magnet with adhesive attached directly to my Note which came with the holder that I bought for my truck and I never once had an issue using after I applied it. Of course with this S23 Ultra I have also had issues with the S Pen giving me errors stating that it was disconnected while it was in my hand being used on the screen at the time. Who knows whether it's the new phone or S pen but it definitely is not working as well as my Note 20 Ultra at least in this instance. I've not had any other issues with this device so overall I would still say it's been a great upgrade. Maybe Samsung needs to look into this or at least post a bulletin informing users of this potential issue. I know magsafe is the new hotness in cases and I did try one on a wireless charger. The thing got so hot I threw the case in the trash. It also didn't use fast wireless charging with it on.
0 Likes