Original topic:

Camera App / Unable to find an application to perform this action

(Topic created: 03-07-2024 11:05 PM)
Craig Masson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a S23. In the camera app, after a picture is taken when I press the quick view icon to view my photo in gallery I get the following error "unable to find an application to perform this action"

I have tried a factory reset twice per a previous thread, resetting the camera app, clearing camera app data, rebooting the phone but I still get the same error. 

It seems the gallery app is the problem, but it is a work phone so i cant delete the app as it come preinstalled with my phone.

Surely, google or Samsung can fix this or has an answer, i had the same problem with my A34 which i was never able to resolve.

2 Replies
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello there,

Have you checked if your phone's camera app has permissions to access Photos/Videos? This may be causing the issue.
0 Likes
Coin86
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey Craig, is your phone restricted for use - can't log in to Samsung or Google because you don't have permissions? My work phone is doing the exact same thing in the camera app and I've tried everything. Im beggining to think it has something to do with the restrictions put on the phone by my company. I had them delete the gallery app and install Google photos instead but that didn't work either. 

0 Likes