Original topic:

Camera Zooming Adjustments

(Topic created: Tuesday)
userU2xrsETPGO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

S23 Ultra: I want to zoom in on a bird outside my window, but the camera zooms in on the screen in the window instead. How do I adjust the settings to zoom in on the bird rather than the screen?

3 Replies
Justi_Doge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You can try moving your phone extremely close to the window and zooming in. Since the telephoto cameras are made to zoom, the cameras should focus further away. If that doesn't work you could try setting manual focus in Pro Mode in the extra camera modes in the app.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm not sure it can be done.  The only time I was able to not have the screen visible in a photo, it was taken from a distance away at dawn. 

Dawn.jpg

That whole window has a screen outside of it, and if you look close enough, you can still see it.

0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Maybe light aperture settings. Or you may need more or less light where you are trying to take the birds photo. Are you referencing you are trying to photograph a bird, but your screen is in the way? I know I tried to take a photo of snails on my window screen, but it wouldn't let me zoom in as well. Try opening the windrow. Or try using colors to create a invert color. Like X-ray contrast. I really don't know. Try not being so close to the screen, and maybe it will work with that distance.
0 Likes