JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Middle camera makes a noise when zooming in

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
ccurt95
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I just recently started noticing this today. I was zooming into a flying bug when I noticed the camera would make the noise. I doesn't write sounds like clicking but it's almost like it jumps. It doesn't effect the visual quality of the camera but when I shake my phone, it also rattles a little. It's weird that it does this and I'm not sure why it does do that because I've never dropped my phone and I've never bumped or hit it on anything. This phone is almost brand new because I got it done time in December 2023 or January 2024...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I have an S21U that rattles around when I shake it and clicks like you describe when I change lenses especially in landscape orientation.

This is annoys me but is very normal and no cause for concern it is just the Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).

You can confirm this by opening the camera app and zoom camera that rattles and it should no longer rattle when you shake the phone with that specific camera in use.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Is this s23 ultra?
ccurt95
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes it is. I even spoke to a "Samsung pro" earlier and all the things they had me try to do yo fix it were only for software issues rather than hardware issues. šŸ˜•
Solution
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I have an S21U that rattles around when I shake it and clicks like you describe when I change lenses especially in landscape orientation.

This is annoys me but is very normal and no cause for concern it is just the Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).

You can confirm this by opening the camera app and zoom camera that rattles and it should no longer rattle when you shake the phone with that specific camera in use.
ccurt95
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, I've noticed that when zooming in.. šŸ¤” idk it's strange to me šŸ˜„
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah for most all flagships with OIS you can hear a rattle. It makes the phone feel cheap to me but if all of them are doing it oh well.

I've got a phone with a tic tac rattling around inside hm
ccurt95
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
šŸ˜‚
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Also, if I was able to solve your issues please "accept solution" using the three dots. Thanks!
ccurt95
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh šŸ˜‚ okay, I'm new to the forum, so thank you!