JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Confirm pin without tapping "OK"

(Topic created: 12-10-2023 05:35 AM)
maximoose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I just purchased a new Samsung galaxy s23. I want to use the pin security feature, but hate having to tap "OK" each time after I enter the pin! I understand that there use to be an option to circumvent the "OK" on previous system software, but i didn't see that option when i set up my pin for the first time. Is there any way around this? I hope someone has a way to do this... thanks!!!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
AcheronCit
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Six digit PIN bypasses the OK button 👍
0 Likes
Shalizmar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Then you have 6 clicks instead of 5 to get the phone open? Yaay?  4 digit and ok for me.

AtenSpro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I tried the solution offered of using a 6-digit pin and leaving the box checked. It worked. But I agree with Shalizmar, if you go with a 4-digit pin and confirm by hitting OK it is one less screen tap. So, I'm going to leave it set up that way. I don't really understand why Samsung with their divine borderline wisdom decided to mess with this, but they did. I've tested signing in with 4 digits and OK a few times now. I can hit OK just as quickly as entering a 5th number and it signs in immediately. I was hesitating a bit after entering 4 digits before because I was so used to the convenience of just entering 4 and having it sign in automatically. So, it is one more screen tap now. However, to me, it is less of an inconvenience than 6 screen taps. But the solution offered above, of switching to a 6-digit pin and leaving the box checked to "Confirm PIN without tapping OK" does indeed work if you have your heart set on not hitting OK.

0 Likes