JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Confirm pin without tapping "OK"

(Topic created: 12-10-2023 08:20 AM)
maximoose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I just purchased a new Samsung galaxy s23. I want to use the pin security feature, but hate having to tap "OK" each time after I enter the pin! I understand that there use to be an option to circumvent the "OK" on previous system software, but i didn't see that option when i set up my pin for the first time. Is there any way around this? I hope someone has a way to do this... thanks!!!
12 Replies
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
With One UI 6 they made a change you now need to use at least 6 digits
ScarletMacaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

It's honestly a terrible update that makes things less convenient

userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I read that 4 digit pins are no longer supported, but if your pin is longer, 6 digits you won't need to tap the OK button. Have not testedand don't know the logic behind this either.
maximoose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So, if I use 6 digits it will allow me to omit hitting the "OK" button?
0 Likes
maximoose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I changed my pin to 6 digits, and the option to circumvent the "OK" appears. Thank you very much!! I hope this helps someone else...
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Glad to have helped please tap on the 3 dot menu next to my first comment and tap Accepted Solution to help others in the future thank you
0 Likes
Samsung_yLGZ5q0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My husband has the S23 and we have changed it to a 6 digit pen, unchecked the confirm box and it still makes him hit ok. any thoughts?

0 Likes
maximoose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. When you enter the 6 digit number, you will need to leave the box checked, so you won't have to hit OK each time. I hope I understood what you meant? Good luck!
0 Likes
AtenSpro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Leave the box checked. The words next to the check box are "Confirm PIN without tapping OK." So, if you leave it unchecked you will still have to tap OK. Unfortunately, the checkbox only appears after you enter 6 digits. See page two of this thread for some logic for why you might choose to leave it set at 4 digits and OK.

0 Likes