JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DeX docking station suggestions

(Topic created: 07-03-2023 12:05 PM)
burtonium
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello everyone. I would like to buy some docking station/hub for my S23 Ultra. I don't know what devices are compatible and if there is some official list or even Samsung dock for my phone. I saw some docking stations with usb ports and even ethernet, sd card readers, usb-c connectors, audio/mic 3.5mm jack, etc.

Is it even possible to use ethernet/wired connection with DeX? I would be very thankful for all your suggestions, what products are compatible with my phone's Dex.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Most USB-C multiport hubs will work with DeX and Amazon is a great source.  Yes, ethernet works and will provide 1gE as long as your connected monitor is less than 4K.  The USB-C speeds from the phone won't allow 1 gig speed and 4k at the same time so the ethernet speed drops to USB 2 speeds.  You can run WQHD (2560x1440) and 1gE concurrently and get 1g ethernet speeds. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
burtonium
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your input. This details help me understand some limitations with those hubs. Great comment, appreciate it.

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
what @bill-e said šŸ‘
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung dex hub is great the round one was actually the first but i like it better than the flat version,. But also Logitech makes great hub products and everything works
burtonium
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your suggestion and help. I use Logitech since some 1993 I guess šŸ˜„ from 90s for sure. I trust them, will look for their hubs. Much love for help!

uservy2ZdeABq2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I just use a USB-C multi-port. The great thing with that is my laptop only has USB-C ports, so it is one accessory that covers everything. Since wireless DeX isn't always proctical (like at a hotel) I would reccomend an HDMI port, USB-C charging port so you can keep your phone charged while using, and USB-A ports. Make sure you have enough USB-A ports for a flashdrive as well as mouse/keyboard.
0 Likes
burtonium
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

A bit late, but to cut the story short. I ended up buying that round Samsung DeX station on second hand market and it's just great. I also got usb-c universal docking station 7in1 from maker called UGREEN. This one was actually bought to me by company where i work for use in my office, when i work remotely, so I can use extra screen with my laptop. I tested it with my phone and it works great. Even the ethernet works. Thank you all for your help. You solved all my problems.

0 Likes