Original topic:

Default Messaging App

(Topic created: Wednesday)
AramH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Why does my Phone app always prompt me to choose "Send using" when I've already selected "Always" for Messages? 

After a call doesn't go through, a screen pops up with a choice to phone, message or video this contact. Whenever I click the Message button, WhatsApp and Messages pop up, even though I've already selected "Always" for Messages several times.

The odd thing is that Whatsapp isn't even a choice for the text messaging Default App in the settings.

Screenshots below.

10 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you clicking on it then clicking on always? Or just once?
0 Likes
AramH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm clicking Always
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@AramH "After a call doesn't go through, a screen pops up with a choice to phone, message or video this contact."

This is not normal behaviour. This is probably being caused by some 3rd party app which you have installed. 

As a troubleshooting step, you can boot into safe mode and try making a call which you know won't go through. If this dialog doesn't appear while booted in safe mode, you know that it is caused by 3rd party software. 

To boot in safe mode, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ 

0 Likes
AramH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I think it was caused by Truecaller but I've uninstalled that app. I think I'll reset the settings to default and see if that fixes things once I test in safe mode
AramH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I ran it in Safe Mode and it didn't do this behavior. I reset all Settings and it still does it. Unfortunately, I'm all out of ideas except for doing a hard reset. Any ideas before I do that?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@AramH You can start deleting 3rd party apps until it works as expected. This could take a while. 

0 Likes
AramH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh boy. šŸ˜‚
0 Likes
AramH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I figured it out! It was YouMail. Any ideas how to prevent this app from doing this?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@AramH Deleting the app would work. 

0 Likes