Original topic:

Default page when opening Settings

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
c29579
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

When I drag down from the top line and hit the * Settings icon, it will always go to the main settings page, which is what I want, and how every other phone I have had acts. When I hit the settings icon from the home screen, secondary screen, it jumps to wherever I last was in settings, requiring a back press multiple times to get back to the main page. Surely there is an option to default to main settings page aside from the top drag down or closing all recent apps.

0 Likes
6 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I noticed that on mine but I use the settings icon to go in not tapping top I just figure it keeps same place if I close it
0 Likes
c29579
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Might have to just remove the settings icons on my home and secondary screen, force myself to use the drag down settings link, which always defaults to the main screen. Very strange. Did the same thing in an S22+ I returned a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I never noticed that lol. But, I never use the settings icon behind the notification shade. I use the icon on my homepage.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@c29579 I find this amusing. A couple of years ago someone asked for the device to act as you describe to provide a way to quickly get to the last page in settings that was used. It looks like a change was made to accommodate them and offer 2 ways of accessing the settings. 

Since there is an easy way to get to the settings main screen... why not just use that? 

0 Likes
c29579
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Because I have used it the other way for about 7 years... not easy to just get out of that habit (hence my choice of just removing the settings icon so Im forced to swipe down). Its like asking me to use it left handed. I still use Textra because it is the only major sms application to default to the inbox every single time, instead of where you left off. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Not sure what you mean by defaulting to the inbox. Whenever I open Google Messages it is at the "inbox".
0 Likes