JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Do unlocked phones get monthly updates?

(Topic created: 10-08-2023 08:18 AM)
Options
Galaxy S23

Do unlocked phones get the monthly updates last?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Depends, in the past is often the unlocked phones who get all updates last. Recently I think it's mostly been everyone gets the monthly updates about the same time.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Solution
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Depends, in the past is often the unlocked phones who get all updates last. Recently I think it's mostly been everyone gets the monthly updates about the same time.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
That has typically been the case, yes. Blame the carriers lol. All of them have to test the update before it can be released to unlocked models.
Options
Galaxy S23
Nah it takes too much negative energy I always get it eventually
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Very true, but the fact remains that all models don't receive their updates at the same time because of them. 😅
Options
Galaxy S23
If you want to blame people go right ahead that's just not the way I choose to deal with things
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh I definitely don't blame the people, instead I blame the companies. 🙂
Options
Galaxy S23
Now that I can get behind lol
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
As VerbumVeritum stated the carriers are responsible for releasing the updates for their subscribers.
Samsung releases the updates to the carriers and then the carriers all tweak the updates for their individual networks and release them.
In my case I have AT&T and had one unlocked phone that received the updates before my unlocked phones. (all phones were the same S10E's but one was a AT&T model but still unlocked with carrier and that model received updates earlier). ie model SM-G970U1 vs SM-G970U)
I have noticed same way with my S23's
Hope this helped
Btxprss
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I purchased my unlocked phone from Samsung swapped Sim cards joined the beta program and have no problems with t-mobile I guess it depends on where you buy your phone