Original topic:

Extremely poor charging speeds and battery life after 6.1

(Topic created: 05-06-2024 12:44 PM)
userIVkvWUeCL4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi,

After the 6.1 update I am experiencing terrible battery life on my S23Ultra. It has went from all day usage to 4-5 hours max. Also to compound the problem further, I am only able to draw between 1W to 5W when charging.

I have tried different chargers / playing around with battery protection options / I have cleared the device cache as I seen recommended elsewhere.

Can anyone help me with this? It has literally went from the best phone I ever had to the worst with this single update. Does anyone know if Samsung plan to release a fix for this?

8 Replies
eddie4624
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yep me too
MylifeisaWreck
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Same!!
Options
Galaxy S23
Different chargers are not good for battery health, so use the Samsung approved block and charger, along with the battery protection being at maximum. I put on extra brightness and drained my S23+ really fast, so turn it off. Use adaptive battery and adaptive brightness too, as this is good for viewing in the sun and good for saving battery life during the night. Charging to 100% discharges your battery, and degrades over time.
eddie4624
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The Samsung provided block? Who's phone came with a block? I've been buying Samsung for 15 years. Anyone ever get a block with your Samsung? Maybe with my first Samsung. But not since then. Lol. I'm shocked they still provide us with a $2 charger cable for my $1,300. Also I shouldn't have e to do all that. They should complete their updates instead of sending them out incomplete. Just my $.2. Can I get that $.2 returned to me when I buy s6 ultra in a couple years? Come out with complete updates for the 23 ultra please. Thank you. Also stop blaming the chargers. I buy the most expensive 65 watt Samsung chargers. Which btw comes out to around $70 for the block and cord.
0 Likes
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

after a major update, it takes your phone a few days to relearn your usage patterns. in addition, your phone is trying to settle in with the new update. give it a bit.

It also help to wipe your cache partition:

1. Back up data on the internal memory. 
  2. If you have signed into a Samsung account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Samsung credentials to finish the master reset.
  3. With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up key first, then the Side key. Continue holding while the device powers on.
  4. When the Android logo displays, release all keys and wait until you get the Android system recovery menu options.
  5. Press Volume down to highlight Wipe data / factory reset, then press Side key to select it.
  6. Continue using the Volume down and Side keys to confirm your choice and agree to data deletion.
  7. When complete, highlight Reboot system now with the Volume down key and select it with the Side key.
Novafrost117
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Sorry to say it's terrible software that requires someone to wipe out their device.
user8355724
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
"Give it a bit"
It's been a month.
It's a software problem, not a sudden S23 problem.
eddie4624
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It's been the past two updates.
0 Likes